nubie with help neeed

Central location for technical tips and information

Moderators: rztom, silverstrom

Questo vecchio rz

Re: nubie with help neeed

#16 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:00 pm

This new mini phone, won't show any attachments, gotta change some settings.
No YPVS means just one less issue to worry about., ebetter yet! The bike will likley still have low end performance issues to some extent, Good thing is if he never had power valves...he just won't know what he's missing. Ive ridden dozens of stovk & stroked non pv Banshees, 250Rs, etc..until you ride a PV equipped version ignorance is bliss :smt023 Regardless It will still be a super fun machine once he gets it sorted. Outside of the YPVS everything members have posted still applies. Hopefully he posts updates as he goes, everything is there for a really nice RZ frankenbike.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

spicy

#17 Post by spicy » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:02 pm

Hey hey hey
so it got started and it I took it down my block and it is very toppy. the throttle cable are a bit of a problem at the moment the cabling is hitting the frame and im not sure how to solve it.. running now..and it will eventually stall out if the pitcock is not in the PRI position.
I wonder about the insides .. I took a mirror and a flashlight to the spark plug chamber and there was the cylinder of course... on the top I saw a round machined spot .. after google images for hours Im thinking this machine has different pistons ..looks like the forsetti top, I also found the second previous owners registration and googled the name found a listing and whalla I spoke to someone that knew who he was now just waiting for a callback... from so cal to sacramento to so cal again...

Screen Shot 2016-04-16 at 6.57.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-16 at 6.57.47 PM.png (102.01 KiB) Viewed 2304 times

Questo vecchio rz

#18 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:01 pm

Dude, I apologize somehow I was replying to a completley diffrent post? Very similar posting , but today when I read through this thread it's (completley) diffrent with many diffrent replies? I have no clue what happened here.. :smt017
I dont even see that thread on this forum, & your bike is not even modified like the one I was replying to :smt021
However, the basics are the same and it appears you are on your way.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

MK

#19 Post by MK » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:28 pm

spicy wrote:.. running now..and it will eventually stall out if the pitcock is not in the PRI position.
Just connect the free connection on the carb to the free small diameter connection on the fuel petcock.
It's what I told you before.
Bye
Martin

spicy11

#20 Post by spicy11 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:22 pm

I wonder about the size of the carbs on this machine now .. 34mm mikuni vm round slides for a smaller carb .. Maybe up for a trade if anyone here is interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spicy11

#21 Post by spicy11 » Mon May 02, 2016 1:55 pm

Thanks for all the help here you everyone is great on the 411.. Just gotta install a fuel cutoff to prevent the vacuum tank flooding the engine.. Any thoughts on smaller carbs ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk