Moderators: rztom, silverstrom

two-stroke-brit
-----
-----

Re: 89 RZ 350 CDN

#16 Post by two-stroke-brit » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:53 pm

Forzfed wrote:
two-stroke-brit wrote:
Forzfed wrote:I'm use to tuning with a laptop on my car. You don't need a big main. For some reason my bike doesn't pull well on the top with out a bigger main. Smaller mains makes my bike feel like a stocker. With the big mains it pulls the tires off the ground in 4 gears. Going to have to take it to the drag strip and test it. Those numbers don't lie.
DYNO is your friend :smt023
Dynos are only accurate if you put in all the proper correction factors, but if the operator knows what they are doing they can be very accurate. There is one of the car dyno shops here that inflates everyones rwhp. They show up at the drag strip brag about the power they put down and run a pathetic 1/4 mile. When you ask these people what is done to their car, it has all the little stuff like exhaust, intake and tune.
i dont worry much about the BHP numbers ,but they are great for measuring the Air/fuel ratios at any given RPM and will show any dips in the curve.
and when i have finished my 392 upgrade it will be interesting to compare the before and after graphs.
mark
350LC,Athena 392 big bore,stock porting,swiss cheese air box,stock reeds,spec11 pipes.(now TSA big bore pipes)
She might not be pretty but she will always be a fun ride

1982 YAMA RD350LC
98KDX 220R
1967 TRIUMPH TIGER
2001 TRIUMPH TT600