photo posting options

Central location for technical tips and information

Moderators: rztom, silverstrom

Questo vecchio rz

photo posting options

#1 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:27 pm

As this question comes up often, I'll copy a previous reply and post it here, hopefully to help some out. This is what I've used for years. Perhaps others can provide a (step by step) for any other method that works as well.

Get a Photo Bucket account or equivilant hosting site, I use Photobucket, upload your pics to it from your computer or phone, Then when you want to post your pics here, you select which one from your album on Photobucket.

EXAMPLE: View your photos on Photo Bucket and select the photo you want to post here, I select the "direct" box next to the photo or listed under "get links", and it highlights the word "copied". NOTE* the (direct) link is the only option that works for me. So its basically copy and paste. Often I have to manually highlight it to copy.

When you want to insert the photo here, once your reply topic window is opened click the "IMG" box from they keychain options above and then place the browser arrow in between the[ IMG boxes, it will look like this in your dialogue post [Img] [Img]. Paste your image like this [IMG] paste/insert image here [Img]and click "paste"...that's it.

And its only the photos you choose that can be viewed as well,as far as I know if you choose and set it up as "private" otherwise anyone can click on your pics here and access and browse through all your folders. Photobucket does change things from time to time, and works diffrently on smartphones.. but this works for me.

Again I'm also welcome to anything easier with step by step instructions, as this is a royal pain in the ass especially with photobuckets pop ups. Sometimes it takes 10 minitues to post a damn pic here from my smartphone.

RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Disco

Re: photo posting options

#2 Post by Disco » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:46 am

I trust what you are saying works for you (and many others). But the experience that I had, on my account there was no "direct" button to choose from. I actually made two different accounts (using two different email addresses) and neither had a "direct" button. So perhaps they have changed things for new members?? Or maybe it was just the type of account I signed up for. One thing is for certain, other forums make loading pictures much easier, almost always coming directly from your computer or phone to the forum. That would be nice.

MK

#3 Post by MK » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:13 pm

This forum allows direct attachments of small pics. So why hazzle with f...ing upload spammers?

What I do on mobile devices is to use an App (Photo Editor) to resize the pic to 640 pixel width. Then you can easily upload it here ...
Attachments
IMG_20161011_191619.jpg
IMG_20161011_191619.jpg (46.98 KiB) Viewed 3126 times
Bye
Martin

Questo vecchio rz

#4 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:05 am

Thanks for the input, I'll fiddle around with that method when I get the chance. Sure would be nice to not spend 15-20 minutes or more loading picturs for a simple thread.✋
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

driftmaster

#5 Post by driftmaster » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:35 pm

Questo vecchio rz wrote:Thanks for the input, I'll fiddle around with that method when I get the chance. Sure would be nice to not spend 15-20 minutes or more loading picturs for a simple thread.✋
I set my camra to 640 and take the pix. Then I uploade right to my post in full editor. Very fast on 4glte.

driftmaster

#6 Post by driftmaster » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:52 pm

You have to go in to "Full Editor". Its the button next to the "Submit" button. Then you go below your post window
to "Choose file. Select your picture then click add file. Repeat for each pic, very simple. Don't forget to set camera to 640. You pix show in reverse order that they are uploaded.