Ignition Curve starting point.

Central location for technical tips and information

Moderators: rztom, silverstrom

lil_cons

Ignition Curve starting point.

#1 Post by lil_cons » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:49 pm

Hi All,

I have recently purchased an Ignitech, DCCDIP2 Programmable Race Ignition and I looking for a Decent starting point as far as a performance based curve goes, I programmed in a curve posted by a member on here, but I am not too sure if it will be suited to my set up, my bike has stock 31k porting, reeds, a Twin pod Uni filter and Spec11 Chambers, I am aware that all bikes respond differently and there are other factors that can effect timing, but any advice on a close-ish curve would be great, seeing as I will optimize the curve on a dyno anyway. I have a stock curve programmed in also, to get an idea of just how much performance can be gained.

The plan is, I will do the Power valve controller mod before hand, optimize the igntion curve, then attempt to emulate the PV-mod Curve with the Ignitech programming, if there is a better sequence I would gladly take the advice.

I am just starting out on the aftermarket Ignition aspect of things, and I am open to any advice, so please go easy on me...

Regards,

Alex.

PS: I will be swapping between 29L Barrels and 31K barrels from time to time, any advice on a differing curves between the 250 and 350 would be appreciated also...