19th Annual SFRC Two-Stroke Ride 2018

Ride planning, upcoming events, or just tire-kicking get-togethers - post 'em here!

Moderator: rztom

RZed

#1 Post by RZed » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:00 am

It's that time of the year for the 19th Annual SFRC Two-Stroke Ride. I should be able to make the whole ride this year since updating all the electrics on my RZ. :smt023
The weather looks to be perfect and they have a good route planned. Should be lots of bikes and a lot of fun!! :smt003 I'll be posting up pics after the ride.

Here's the details....

Gas up the stinkwheels and join your pals at SFRC for our annual two-stroke ride!

We’ll meet at Sunday July 29th, 11am at The Sextant (4035 NE Marine Dr, Portland, OR 97211) where we’ll kick the tires and enjoy the senic river view from the sunny patio.

Around 12:30-1pm, we’ll head east on Marine Dr. toward the wilds of the Bull Run Watershed (some of the best close-to-home twisties around).

On the way back into town, we’ll head over to party with our pals at the Vicious Cycle 21st Anniversary Party/Flying Fifteen MC Chili Cook-Off/SFRC Two-Stroke Ride Afterparty (8828 SE Division St, Portland, OR 97266) for more looking at and talking about two-strokes, beers, free chili and radical tunes from DJ Truhnjuice!

If you can’t make the ride (or don’t think your bike can handle it), be sure to meet up with us at Vicious Cycle anytime after 3pm.

This is a great ride for riders of all abilities, and two-stroke bikes of all sizes. No freeway miles, so bring out your 2T streetbike, dirtbike, moped, scooter and come ride (or just hang out) with us.

DO IT!

Here's a link to the ride map. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UOjPK ... sp=sharing

Charlie
1985 RZ 421 Hybrid viewtopic.php?t=9655
99 R1 USD front end
Tarrozi Hi-rise clipons
TrailTech Endurance II Speedo/Odometer
VJ23 swingarm
CBR F4i rear shock/custom dogbones
JL GP stainless pipes
2018 XSR 900

RZed

Re: 19th Annual SFRC Two-Stroke Ride 2018

#2 Post by RZed » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:09 am

Sorry it took so long to get pictures up. It's been a stressed out week for me having lost my grandfather who passed away at 109 yrs. of age. He was a pretty amazing guy! :smt010 Here's a nice write up in the local news. https://pamplinmedia.com/ttt/89-news/40 ... way-at-109

Ok, back to the ride....
It was a scorcher of a day!! I think it topped out at 100 degrees. There was about 30 bikes or so showed up with half being 2 strokes.
The diesels got a scarlet letter sticker put on their bike to shame them. :smt003

The RZ ran good in the heat with the radiator fan kicking on quite often later in the ride. Never got but a little bit over the normal mark. :smt023

The ride started off at the Sextant Tavern on the Columbia River, then we rode up river to the old scenic Hwy. Cut over through the Bull Run Watershed, then back into town.
Round trip for me was about 105 miles of some great roads! I didn't make it to the after party just because it was too hot.

I only got pics at the start, cause I had to keep the air moving once we got going.

Mark came down from Seattle with his latest build. A sweet RD 350!!

One of the club guy's nice clean RZ.

RG 500

Tom Steins RD 350

Interesting ride...

Nice lineup!!

Riders meeting before the start.

Hopefully next year it won't be as hot. At least it wasn't raining! :smt038

Charlie
99 R1 USD front end
Tarrozi Hi-rise clipons
VJ23 swingarm
JL GP stainless pipes
2018 XSR 900

RuZty
-----
-----

#3 Post by RuZty » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:05 pm

Nice story about your grandfather Charlie, sorry for your loss. One Hundred and Nine! He was retired longer than most people work. I sincerely hope he passed those genes on to you.
Thanks for sharing the pictures of the ride, looks like it was a great day out.

RZed

#4 Post by RZed » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:40 am

RuZty wrote:Nice story about your grandfather Charlie, sorry for your loss. One Hundred and Nine! He was retired longer than most people work. I sincerely hope he passed those genes on to you.
Thanks for sharing the pictures of the ride, looks like it was a great day out.
Thanks RuZty!
99 R1 USD front end
Tarrozi Hi-rise clipons
VJ23 swingarm
JL GP stainless pipes
2018 XSR 900