Barber Vintage Festival this weekend - whose going?

Ride planning, upcoming events, or just tire-kicking get-togethers - post 'em here!

Moderator: rztom

NCriding

Barber Vintage Festival this weekend - whose going?

#1 Post by NCriding » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:47 pm

The 9th annual Barber Vintage Festival is this Friday/Saturday/Sunday, October 11/12/13. This is a huge event, comparable to the AMA's Vintage event at Mid-Ohio. Anyone else going? I'll be there at least Friday and Saturday, if I'm not burnt out, Sunday too.

I'll be on my 1985 yellow Kenny Roberts RZ, my helmet is white/blue with what looks like a big Dallas star on the side. Or send a message. :smt026
RZ350 per Wicked's 385 project, billet head, T3 reeds, Dynatek coil, Wicked's pipes, Zeeltronic, R6 fan, R6 shock, Racetech gold valves/springs, Triumph Speed 4 calipers
2006 KTM 950 Adventure
2008 KTM 450 EXC-R
2008 KTM 300 EXC
1969 Honda Z50A - PERFECT

Evans Ward
-----
-----

Re: Barber Vintage Festival this weekend - whose going?

#2 Post by Evans Ward » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:05 am

Hi Chris! I'll be there on my '72 blue H2 750 Triple. Wanted to take the RZ and have been putting in mega hrs trying to get it ready but it's acting up. Don't know if you've been following my thread ------> http://www.rzrd500.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9921" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll send you a PM with my contact info as I plan to be there all 3 days. Would love to hook up with you there. :smt023
84 RZ350-Toomeys,SCR milled head, stk 26 carbs,300 M, 35 P, stock regrooved needles AS 2.5 turns out,stk air box,Banshee reeds Zeel non-progr CDI,TSRL Program YPVS,alum rad,R6 shock,GV emulators w/RT springs,fork brace,Shindy steering damper.

NCriding

#3 Post by NCriding » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:20 am

Sounds great, looking forward to checking out the Kawi!
RZ350 per Wicked's 385 project, billet head, T3 reeds, Dynatek coil, Wicked's pipes, Zeeltronic, R6 fan, R6 shock, Racetech gold valves/springs, Triumph Speed 4 calipers
2006 KTM 950 Adventure
2008 KTM 450 EXC-R
2008 KTM 300 EXC
1969 Honda Z50A - PERFECT

Evans Ward
-----
-----

#4 Post by Evans Ward » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:34 pm

Sorry I missed you Chris there at Barber's this weekend. Did see your bike on Friday (with blue star helmet) and my blue '72 H2 was parked about where yours was on Saturday. It was massive this year and had record crowds. Did not see any RZ stuff in swap meet and very little 2 stroke parts for sale. We covered everything there except for the observed trials and MX across the perimeter road. Tired now and the H2 ran well. Parade lap got alittle bit crazy on the last lap so I hung back and did not mix it up with the unknown riders. I think my friend Chris from FL and I had the only 2 blue '72 H2s there and saw fewer RZs than I did there last year. (maybe 5-7?)

My RZ left my house today headed for FL (via Chris from Gainesville FL who attended Barber with me) going to Chuck "Supertune" Quenzler's shop in Clearwater. I'll update my issues thread later when I know what the problem was. First time I've ever sent one of my 2 stroke bikes for repair to anyone as I've always been able to figure things out. Had reached my limit with all of the hrs on the RZ. When it returns, I plan to do some riding so I'll be back in touch with you for a Pine Mtn GA ride!
84 RZ350-Toomeys,SCR milled head, stk 26 carbs,300 M, 35 P, stock regrooved needles AS 2.5 turns out,stk air box,Banshee reeds Zeel non-progr CDI,TSRL Program YPVS,alum rad,R6 shock,GV emulators w/RT springs,fork brace,Shindy steering damper.