17th annual 2-Stroke Extravaganza

Ride planning, upcoming events, or just tire-kicking get-togethers - post 'em here!

Moderator: rztom

jmendoza

17th annual 2-Stroke Extravaganza

#1 Post by jmendoza » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:39 am

Hello fellow 2-strokers, and Hooligans. It's that time of year again, summer, and time for the announcement of the 17th annual 2-Stroke Extravaganza. This years event will be held on September 20th at Cooks Corners in Orange County, California. Many thanks to Cook's for their continued support in hosting this 2-Stroke Hooligan's event. Cooks is the last motorcycle roadhouse left in Orange county, and welcomes large groups, making it a fun, low key venue as they have food, drinks, and entertainment as well, spread out over several acres. http://www.cookscorners.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; See last paragraph below for camping information at Oneill Park

The events will include the proverbial bike judging with awards and trophy presentation, a raffle, some special announcements about the bikes, and the all time favorite "smoke out" at noon where everyone who can fires up their bike, ring-a-ding-ding! All types of 2-stroke machines are welcome, including scooters, mopeds, outboards, power equipment, margarita blenders, go karts and mini bikes, model engines, you name it, oh, and motorcycles too, hah! Of course, there will be the obligatory bench racing, horse trading, fact stretching and more jawing than one could ever hope for. This is a great chance for us all to get together, friends old and new, and too much fun, so mark your calenders.

As always, we do need support in small ways, like moving tables before and after the show, and other tasks that take bodies, but not much time. If you can volunteer to help us set-up, or break down, PM me.

Vendors are welcome too, PM me for details. We appreciate all who came out last year and had booths for the participants to peruse.

The 2-Stroke Hooligans are honored to carry on Doug Johnson's tradition, the 2-Stroke Extravaganza, which celebrates the 2-cycle engine, so we welcome you come and enjoy this one of kind show.

DETAILS:
Free parking,
Bike judging entry fee: $10/ bike
No fee to display your bike if you are not competing for and award.
Cooks opens at 7:00 am for breakfast, and we have the smoke out at noon, followed by the awards and raffle. Sign ups for judging begin at 7:30 and close at 11:00 am. Live band at 1:00pm, you can stay as long as you want.

LOCAL CAMPING:
There is camping at Oneal regional park http://ocparks.com/parks/oneill/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; about 5 miles away, the Trabuco general store, the Ortega Oaks steak house and a Mexican restaurant are a mile from the campground.

Homeboy, PM or e-mail me.
BR, you need to call or PM me, as I have a special request.
Shamus, please PM me too for special details.

Jay Mendoza