Slimy Crud Run - Madison, Wisconsin Sun, May 7th 11:00 a.m.

Ride planning, upcoming events, or just tire-kicking get-togethers - post 'em here!

Moderator: rztom

Disco

Slimy Crud Run - Madison, Wisconsin Sun, May 7th 11:00 a.m.

#1 Post by Disco » Fri May 05, 2017 1:25 pm

The "Spring Edition" of the Slimy Crud Run takes place this weekend. http://www.slimeycrudrun.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Weather should be superb, and we've had a ton of rain in the last two weeks, roads are nice and clean. 4000 bikes or more are expected to be involved, it's quite a sight. Videos of bikes as well as some of the beautiful, winding roads of South-Central Wi are on the youtubes.

If you see an Rz, it's probably me. Only two of us on the ride last fall (and a tz with a 350 engine).

RuZty
-----
-----

Re: Slimy Crud Run - Madison, Wisconsin Sun, May 7th 11:00

#2 Post by RuZty » Fri May 05, 2017 6:20 pm

Peter Egan of Road & Track and Cycle World used to write about that event. If the name doesn't mean anything to you I have been reading his stories for probably 30 years and he would be an incredibly interesting person to meet. He's a guy who managed to spend most of his adult life making a living at writing hilarious stories about cool adventures with old cars and motorcycles.

Disco

Re: Slimy Crud Run - Madison, Wisconsin Sun, May 7th 11:00

#3 Post by Disco » Mon May 08, 2017 12:06 pm

Thanks RuZty, I have read his articles about the Crud run.
Fantastic day for it. Low 60s' and all sun. Much larger than last fall, with approx 5000 bikes in attendance.
2 Rz350's, Mine and another. Anyone know someone in Wisconsin with a black/yellow 350? I'm curious if it's the other guy who had one there last year, if so, he did a very good job with a restore over the winter. Looked really nice, only missing the radiator shroud, otherwise.
1 tz - 350, same as I saw last year, he pulled in right next to my bike.
1 Rd, again this one was a very nice restore. Gold top end, red/white paint.
Many other very cool bikes, but just the four of us on two-strokes, and they all got lots of attention and photos taken.