Zeel Power Valve Controller

General forum on troubleshooting electrical problems and modifications to electrical systems

Moderator: rztom

Headcoats

Zeel Power Valve Controller

#1 Post by Headcoats » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:36 pm

I have just the Zeel power valve controller and not the whole ignition

Looking at using the PV controller as a rev limiter too by shutting the valves just past peak which is 10200rpm which is high enough

I did email Borut at Zeel and he said it can be done but he hadn't tried it and maybe shut the valves by 50% just past peak

Question is has anyone tried this ?
Cryin' In The Beer Of A Drunk Man

MK

Re: Zeel Power Valve Controller

#2 Post by MK » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:30 pm

I tried other things like opening the valves at high rpm and low throttle to get heat into the pipe.
Didn't work as I wanted it to ;-)

My guess is that it may happen to be too slow in the first few gears as the controller/motor combo has a time lag.
If you're not accelerating as fast as possible it'll work just fine.
Bye
Martin

Bare

#3 Post by Bare » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:47 am

How would you tell the PV controller what the Throttle position was/is ??
Without a TPS and some 3D map bodge.

MK

#4 Post by MK » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:36 am

One workaround to indicate load without a TPS is a pressure sensor (MAP = manifold air pressure).
In my RZ 350 I had values of some 75 kPa with zero throttle at high rpm in engine brake mode and 100 kPa at WOT. Unfortunately the idle value is around 90 kPa which leaves you s very small working range.
In a four stroke it'll work fine as the working range here typically is 30 - 100 kPa.

The sensor translates the pressure to a voltage (0 zo 5V) that you feed into the CDI at the TPS line.
With a MAP you may be able to sense "partial load" and WOT and switch between two curves.

Have a look at the Ignitech homepage and read the help for their latest P2 CDI. Here they explicitly state that you can use a MAP or a TPS. Switching the flag in the software will change the maps to have either % or kPa as one axis.
Bye
Martin