RZ250/350 YPVS SIMPLIFIED RACE WIRING DIAGRAM

General forum on troubleshooting electrical problems and modifications to electrical systems

Moderator: rztom

lil_cons

RZ250/350 YPVS SIMPLIFIED RACE WIRING DIAGRAM

#1 Post by lil_cons » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:42 pm

Hi all,

Just building a Yammagamma (RG/RZ) Hybrid, I am in the process of thinning out the factory wiring loom for a race bike, the current loom just occupies too much space in the RG Frame, it will fit, but I would rather simplify it before it goes in.

If anybody has drawn up a simple loom in the past that they could share with me, it would be greatly appreciated,

Regards, Alex.

Questo vecchio rz

Re: RZ250/350 YPVS SIMPLIFIED RACE WIRING DIAGRAM

#2 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:26 pm

I'd start with a system like the PVL then go from there. If your looking at keeping the stock loom and modifying it is fairly straight foreward. Do one section at a time,open up the loom trace & delete leads for headlights, Ignition, side stand, turn indicatiors, "probably" your brake light, that depends your cataylitic converter (if applicable) YPVS etc..if your deleting etc..and so on. If your going for a racebike, just go PVL or equivilant and keep it as simple as possible. I'm going the opposite on the old Formula USA GSXR, Im swapping it back for limited street use..problem is It has a pretty rare Yoshimura full factory race system on it. Im having to replicate a Endurance system..
There used to be a couple guys here with well sorted RZ racebikes, hopefully you can get more detailed help if thst is what your after.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

MK

Re: RZ250/350 YPVS SIMPLIFIED RACE WIRING DIAGRAM

#3 Post by MK » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:39 am

Been there, but next time just get the Ignitech with the 1.5m wiring loom and build a new one based on that.
It's much quicker and requires much less thinking.
Bye
Martin