RZ/RD 350 & Misc. 2-Stroke Tech BBS

Technical Forums for Two-Stroke Nuts
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:20 pm 

I picked up an original Telefix full fairing kit for the RZ in red,white, blue...never been used or installed. Has everything in the box except instructions. Anyone have information on installing these kits?? otherwise I can probably muddle my way through it. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:48 am 

I had the kit way back in 1986 from Spec 2. Without question, hands down the finest quality fiberglass ever made for a RZ. 20 years from now it will look as it does today, with NO cracks and NO spider webing.
Sure its a little dated by modern standards...but the RZ certainly is not modern so it's perfect for the era.

If I remember correctly mine had these goofy plastic IKEA type slip fits that tightened with screws, like many of the 80s fairings had, the headlight bucket was a square plastic housing with a foam insert..., There might have been a tapped metal crossbar that utilized chrome button head cap machine screws through the fiberglass in both the fairing and the seat mount.
I really don't remember for sure. But by working your way through it, you will be able to figure it out, you might see a better way to do it as well.

1985 YZR /RZ Franken bike track toy,( Under const.still..lol! ) HRC front,400RR rear/MAGTEKs ,385-421cc?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:46 pm 

It blew me away...unopened in the box from 1987...Beautiful fairing....I'll take my time and should be able to figure it out...