Steel Reproduction RZ tank from India

General forum on fairings, seats, tanks, tail sections, painting and other bodywork modifications

Moderator: rztom

steveloomis
-----
-----

Steel Reproduction RZ tank from India

#1 Post by steveloomis » Sat May 06, 2017 4:58 pm

Does anyone have an knowledge of how good the steel reproduction tank from India is. I have an '85 RZ350 USA model. Seller on eBay says it should fit, but may take slight adjustments. It looks like the early RZ tank. After a hiatus of a couple years I am dragging my RZ and RD out of the shed. Wife is recovering so I have a bit of time now.

I've not been on here for a couple of years so "Hi to everyone".
'81 RD350LC hybrid w/84 RZ engine. Zeel, Old style Toomeys, Yboot and filter 420 main 22.5 pilot, Air screw 2.5 turns out, DJ needle 2nd from top, Canadian VM26 carbs.
'85 KR/RZ US. Tank is seeping causing a blister in paint.....

evan_calgary

Re: Steel Reproduction RZ tank from India

#2 Post by evan_calgary » Mon May 08, 2017 11:30 am

Hey Steve,

I think the most accurate description of the fitment of these tanks is the do not fit.

Have heard of multiple people sending these back to India.

Shapes are not accurate and the fitment is poor. I have yet to hear a positive review but of course the angry screaming is loudest form the angry ones.

two-stroke-brit
-----
-----

#3 Post by two-stroke-brit » Mon May 08, 2017 1:46 pm

hello Steve, good to see you posting again :smt006
mark
350LC,Athena 392 big bore,stock porting,swiss cheese air box,stock reeds,spec11 pipes.(now TSA big bore pipes)
She might not be pretty but she will always be a fun ride

1982 YAMA RD350LC
98KDX 220R
1967 TRIUMPH TIGER
2001 TRIUMPH TT600

steveloomis
-----
-----

#4 Post by steveloomis » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:54 pm

Thank you... I found a good OEM tank that needs just a little TLC then repainting KR Yellow and Black. I am hoping someone can assist with accurate pictures of all angles and the accurate width of the white and yellow lines.

Got my LC out the other day after being stored 3 years with AV gas. Started pretty easily but oil pump is not. Must be stuck check balls. Have not pulled it yet to see.

I will be starting the RZ soon, should start easily as it was stored with AV gas too. NO varnish deposits in carbs with AV gas.
'81 RD350LC hybrid w/84 RZ engine. Zeel, Old style Toomeys, Yboot and filter 420 main 22.5 pilot, Air screw 2.5 turns out, DJ needle 2nd from top, Canadian VM26 carbs.
'85 KR/RZ US. Tank is seeping causing a blister in paint.....

MK

#5 Post by MK » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:34 am

My secret long storage weapon is this one:
http://www.hornbach.de/shop/Alkylatbenz ... tikel.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Should be available worldwide, maybe under different brands.
http://www.aspenfuel.co.uk/clean-facts/alkylate-petrol/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's a special fuel for lawnmowers, chainsaws, generators and other small engine outdoor stuff that's usually crammed in the shed over winter and must work out-of-the-shed after half a year of no maintenance.
Bye
Martin