BRAND NEW LC tanks, good ones this time.

General forum on fairings, seats, tanks, tail sections, painting and other bodywork modifications

Moderator: rztom

JonW

BRAND NEW LC tanks, good ones this time.

#1 Post by JonW » Tue May 24, 2016 8:46 pm

Ok, I said I wasnt going to get involved in tanks again, but this time im more of a messenger, so its ok :)

Norbo has been working with a supplier to make an exact copy of an LC tank. These are not the ebay tat, they will be exactly like OEM as you can see on this thread as he had the first sample come back and reported on it here:

http://rdlccrazy.proboards.com/thread/3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... lTo=320614

He is quoting 'about GBP385' for these. call that, $783 at todays rate.

These are not made in the EU so a while back I asked him about a way for those of us outside of the UK/EU to not have to pay UK VAT/imports (20%) and to-the-uk shipping on these as they could be shipped directly to Aus/USA. He has said:

"A couple of people out side the EU have asked if they could get a deal on then to sell in OZ or the US I think we can work something out if you want 10 save on posting them out 1 at a time and would help getting some money back on the investment to do a few in bulk at a deal price so you can make a on them as well be better for people in OZ and the US as well I think to have them all ready in the country . but we will have to see if there is any interest in any one doing this."

Ok, so Im not going to get involved in any USA/Canadian (for sure someone will suggest that you could buy a whole LC for this money in Canada perhaps LOL) sales but I wanted to put this out there for the Aussies: I dont know what that would translate to in price here. But depends on how we do it. If we all put money in up front then we would save the 20% vat / imports, but would be hit for imports at 10%+fee here, however the shipping would be much cheaper. Shipping a tank out of the uk would be waaay over 100quid now, closer to 150 now for sure, so 10 in a big box from the supplier would be much more sensible. On-shipping in Aus would be <$100 even across the country with pack n send I would think, but they would need to be boxed again for that, thats a worry but could be factored in.

(Again keeping this Aus related) Compare that with buying (taking a gamble really if on ebay etc) a knackered LC tank for say 2-300, having it dipped would be 150ish, repaired 100+, lined at another 75(DIY) to 150 (pro) gets you to this stage... thats 600+ for a tank thats not new and of course is a lot of running around... and no guarantee it wont leak down the track for poor cleaning, repair, liner or just old age.

Anyway, lots of think of here, but its food for thought...

I would have one, i expect LB would have one too... so thats 2.... anyone else interested in this at all? If there is enough interest to jump on this and have the cash ready then we could get a deal, if not they its going to cost a lot more to get one later...
80 XT500 Supermoto!
81 RD350LC Resto
82 RD421LC Hybrid
82 RD350LC decapitation project
82 RD250LC JDM '251LC' YPVS
83 RZ350 Resto
84 RZ500 Resto
85 RZ350 F1 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Hybrid

Like Watches? www.PloProf.com & www.DeskDivers.com

mr500

Re: BRAND NEW LC tanks, good ones this time.

#2 Post by mr500 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:37 am

I'm keen.