Spec II include mounting brackets?

General forum on fairings, seats, tanks, tail sections, painting and other bodywork modifications

Moderator: rztom

Lopper

Spec II include mounting brackets?

#1 Post by Lopper » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:18 am

Do Spec II fairings come with mounting brackets like airtechs and would they fit this 83 RZ350K?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/SearchR ... district=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Questo vecchio rz

Re: Spec II include mounting brackets?

#2 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:19 am

Yes they did come with all mounting brackets & hardware. Its been almost 30 years, I cannot remember specific details of the mounting, mounting did leave a little to be desired, especially around the friggin headlight housing, dammned this was alwsys vibrating loose. The mounting system is similar to Airtechs universal mounting kits. These probably can be adapted for used fairings if necessary.
Several indaviduals here have that fairing, perhaps they will verify any questions you might have.

Spec 2 originally imported these I beleive from Germany ? from Telefix. Although a little dated looking by modern standards, it does suit the RZ just fine as the RZ is definatley a 80s style machine, no doubt about it.

The Spec 2/Telefix fairing was hands down the best quality fiberglass ever offered for the RZ due to its thick fiberglass and impecable paint quality, easily matched OEM paint.

Im not sure if Spec 2 carries that bodywork anymore? And if the do, that B/R color combination. Actually I wonder if Telefix is still in buisness? This was 3 decades ago. FYI...Spec 2s website & pricing has not been updated in close to 2 decades...seriouslly.

The black & red bike in your photo actually looks pretty dammned good , are you sure you want to add a full fairing to such a classic ? Either way you should be happy.

Here is a pic of my old RZ from 87-88 good looking profile.
Last edited by Questo vecchio rz on Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

MK

Re: Spec II include mounting brackets?

#3 Post by MK » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:28 am

Current homepage is
http://www.telefix-products.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
According to the site info it's the original manufacturer (Weigl).
Bye
Martin