Clean white colour

General forum on fairings, seats, tanks, tail sections, painting and other bodywork modifications

Moderator: rztom

2smoke

Re: Clean white colour

#46 Post by 2smoke » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:47 pm

93-96 Mazda paint code UA is Cameo White.
Clean white on the left obviously. Chappy red match is on the right.

These color matches brought to you by Silverstrom
:smt003
He scanned and matched the colors from his NOS bodywork and painted many items this winter and they match perfect.
Last edited by 2smoke on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colin
79 RD400F Daytona Special
81 RD350LC
89 TDR250
75 Kawasaki H1 500
77 Can-am Tnt250

LC Cnd
-----
-----

#47 Post by LC Cnd » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:53 pm

Thank-you John & Colin. A Mazda colour. Spoke to an ex RD500 & RZ350 today and he colour swatch matched to GM300 white. Be looking for the Mazda colour swatch.

logierob

#48 Post by logierob » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:27 am

Here is something that will throw a wrench into this sherwin williams or any other acrylic enamel or polyurethane enamel being a perfect match every time . Temperature , Gun set up, tips size , HVLP gun, RP gun , Humidity is a big one . So not to sound negative about your search for the perfect match and then ordering the paint code and its done. It just doesn't work that way . Spectograph is the start to proper color match followed by a spray out for final tint adjustment at the time of painting and then a seamless blend. The chap on here whom got the perfect match of the 500 white to his elsie white by ordering that can of sherwin williams got lucky. This is especially true of single stage enamels be it acrylic or polly . It does happen though that the planets align and the match is perfect.
So i am painting right now a large aircraft that can't be done in one day and temp is all over the place because spring is closing in. Was 4 deg Celsius and raining and 72 % humidity when the first panels were painted and so now that it is -2 and sunny 30% humidity i will have to wait till those planets align to do the rest and because this is the northern west coast of Canada Murphy's laws could kick me in the ass and color match will be next to impossible.
Time for a drink
And thanks for letting me rant
Rob

LC Cnd
-----
-----

#49 Post by LC Cnd » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:29 pm

I understand a bit of your frustration Rob - although it did not involve planes (WestJet by any chance lol). Enjoyed the challange of being a DYI on auto paint having never had the experience but wanted to give it a go. Admittedly, my frugal DNA often beckons with these type of projects and I'm always attempting to figure out a way to save coin and share the experience with form members when I can. When I painted my first tank (Kenny Roberts Yellow - Cromax single stage), I did not anticipate fruit fly size bugs (lots) landing on my freshly painted surfaces. Live n' learn. That said Rob, is 10 am sunny morning, wetted floor, 60 % humidity and below, at say 23 degree Celsius / 74 Fahrenheit and spraying all the bike body work at once the ultimate opportunity to get ur done proper? Remember I'm in a garage not a paint booth (DNA move). Off to the next town today to see if I can find that Mazda swatch - here's hoping. Also, John how long did it take you to discover this match? Curious what effort was used to appreciate your search - suspect it was not easy. Kinda recall seeing that Mazda colour at Lordco (the ring of a 100 swatches). Cheers Scott.