006G New Yamaha Black (NYB) code

General forum on fairings, seats, tanks, tail sections, painting and other bodywork modifications

Moderator: rztom

LC Cnd
-----
-----

006G New Yamaha Black (NYB) code

#1 Post by LC Cnd » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:06 pm

The Clean white /stormy red codes have been figured out. Does anyone have the proper PPG code or any other automotive match for the proper paint re the above noted? My next project will be to 82 Marsbar some recently located body work. Seen on some XS/XJ/ Maxium forms comment that a black single 2000 Toyota black code 210 as a possible match (?). Appearently the Yamaha black has a hint of blue or indigo to produce a Yammie "carbon blue/black-effect" . Like the white and red, there is a mystery to the black hue. Ya, some will say 'black is black'; not so according to the a local paint shop. Don't have a sample to spectrograph or I'd have done a test spray n' share the results. Collectively I hope there is an answer. I've search out our threads on a black code - none yet. Thx in advance.

LC Cnd
-----
-----

Re: 006G New Yamaha Black (NYB) code

#2 Post by LC Cnd » Wed May 03, 2017 6:15 pm

Completed a spectograph test and placed the results in the 4L0 threads because its specific to that model for reference.