Resoration supplies Canada

General forum on fairings, seats, tanks, tail sections, painting and other bodywork modifications

Moderator: rztom

Ardee

Resoration supplies Canada

#1 Post by Ardee » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:37 am

I found a company that sell lots of handy products that could be very handy in a restoration project. The company is located in Palmerston Ontario and that's good for us using $$$$ CAD. They sell fuel tank repair kits, powder paints, buffing supplies, heat paint, plating kits and supplies and more.
https://www.caswellcanada.ca/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hope this has not been posted B4 and I missed it .... if so just disregard :smt002
Ken

LC Cnd
-----
-----

Re: Resoration supplies Canada

#2 Post by LC Cnd » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:28 pm

Good site to wander thru - thx Ken. The Por 15 high temp flat black (1200F @ $35 per can) looks interesting but not sure how resilient it is compared to cheap BBQ paint which is 1/2 of the cost but could require a repaint every season or earlier. Last year used Eastwood Hight temp satin black at 1400F at $35US plus duty etc - came out nice but pricy. Recall the satin is the period correct paint for spannies and the site offers the air cure cerakote glacier black (satin in photo) for over 2000F @ $95 1/2 pint - over kill. Thought Cerakote could offer a replacement gloss paint for black chrome on my Microns - don't. Note VHT (1300-2000F) flat black (think there is a satin 500F -ish) at $17 Cnd Lordco - about the same price as BBQ stuff (Rust-olem 1200F $18). Anyone use the Por15 for pipes?
Attachments
glacier black.jpg
glacier black.jpg (13.86 KiB) Viewed 1033 times

Ardee

Re: Resoration supplies Canada

#3 Post by Ardee » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:58 pm

Scott
I used BBQ paint on the header for my GB500 and I will say it has to be at least 7 years or more now, and it is as good as the day I sprayed it. I know I purchased it at CTC, but I can't remember what brand. The paint went on black and flat... I baked it by running the bike for short periods and letting it cool. I wiped it with a clean rag when I was finished. The paint had a bit of grey colour and it had turned to a semi gloss. I will see if I can find that old paint can. If you look at the pics I posted of my GB you will see that header. I wonder if the high price Por15 is worth it. I also see they have olive green zinc plate on that website. I will be contacting them about it in a few weeks. I hope it is a match for the Yamaha green.

Update.... the paint that I had good luck with
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/high- ... nw#store=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GB500
download/file.php?id=3039" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;