Gulf Coast Hybrid

Got a customizing or restoration project? Discuss it here

Moderator: rztom

cbrian

Gulf Coast Hybrid

#1 Post by cbrian » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:55 pm

I thought that viewers on this Yamaha RZ forum would like to see my recently completed hybrid. It’s an Aprilia RS chassis with a banshee engine. Although I put it up on the AF1 forum, (I didn’t want to duplicate the work) I’m viewing this forum just as much. It’s hosted there as they don’t get as much traffic as we do here and pictures are easier to upload. I hope you like it; let me know what you think.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/show ... ast-Hybrid

TCRZ88

Re: Gulf Coast Hybrid

#2 Post by TCRZ88 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:00 pm

What a sweet looking ride! What is the banshee engine like in that light weight chassis?
I am curious why people swap out the Aprilia engine for a Yamaha engine. Is it just power?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
Live long, and smoke 'em if you got 'em!

L.B

#3 Post by L.B » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:26 pm

Brian,you should build bikes for a living.That was an excellent build thread.

Questo vecchio rz

#4 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:28 pm

TCRZ88 wrote: I am curious why people swap out the Aprilia engine for a Yamaha engine. Is it just power?
Power to weight, she weighs only 290 lbs and carries 92 h.p. and 50ft lbs of tourqe.
cbrian wrote:I thought that viewers on this Yamaha RZ forum would like to see my recently completed hybrid. It’s an Aprilia RS chassis . I hope you like it; let me know what you think.
Dude! What can you say you got a girl whos 1/2 Italian & 1/2 Japanese, the two most beautiful women on earth.

The "Serval" cylinders look to work quite well, that flat curve looks quite appealing. I've ridden a couple "Athena" powered RZs, and your right, while pretty quick the power delivery just is not for me, its either on or off I cant drag race all the time.
The Serval opens up a possible option if I decide not to go with the YPVS system. Part of my goal is to have my RZ quicker accelerating than my friends RZ500 & Gamma, I'll have no trouble achiving that goal vs the 500lbs RZ, but his Gamma has me worried as I can only get my RZ down to around 315 lbs on my budget.
But... man o' man that girl of yours really puts the h.p. hammer down!, and that sexy slim lightweight model figure shows off all that power & tq. It must accelerate like few others.

When you can, give a little insight as to how it compares to other bikes on the track.

Damn good job.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

yamasukiman

#5 Post by yamasukiman » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:27 pm

What a bike!!
Articles like that should be published in magazines like Practical Sportsbikes.
Great workmanship and brilliant detail, fantastically well done!!! :smt041