RZ 350 Hooligan Build

Got a customizing or restoration project? Discuss it here

Moderator: rztom

RuZty
-----
-----

Re: RZ 350 Hooligan Build

#16 Post by RuZty » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:09 am

I know what you mean with the wheels, I've fitted a Katana 750 wheel to the RGV arm and it's all nearly done, now I'm thinking of seeing how an FZ6S wheel will fit so I can use a stock R6 matching front instead of the 1200 bandit wheel I've got in there to match the Katana rear. It never ends.

driftmaster

#17 Post by driftmaster » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:55 am

Mannnnn,,,, Look like the easy swap is the fz600 rear and r1 front with TZ rims.

Been trying to call Metachex and Nigel but can't get eaither. If anyone is wondering the jet skiers
go through this same thing trying to find unicorn parts and people to do the work. Feels like I really
do live in a matrix and everything is the same. I think I really want the tz wheels, dont think I want
to run a off set front sproket. Any other wheel choices better? I really need to do something with the
stock front end. It is just to dangerous as it is. I believe they are bent on top of it all. Maybe Race tec springs
for the time being? Looks like it may be a while before I can source front and rear suspension.
Anyone have a set of stock forks?

Thanks again for all the input guys! I see threads just like this come up all the time. Like the Matrix
again. I see many cobos but I think it should be a sticky thread with them all.

driftmaster

#18 Post by driftmaster » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:38 pm

http://www.rzsunlimited.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I spoke with Cary. Sounds like he knows Rz's. Has anyone delt with him?

driftmaster

#19 Post by driftmaster » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:47 pm

For the money to upgrade I can have this.viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14347" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
what do you guys think of it? Thinking leave what I have now stock for around town and
The other for country Mountain Roads which I live in the middle of.

Questo vecchio rz

#20 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:12 pm

driftmaster wrote:For the money to upgrade I can have this.viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14347" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
what do you guys think of it?
Find out what he gas for xtras & total parts & fabrication rhata done, It apprears "all" rge gard stuff gas been fabbed and is a rolling chassis. To the untrained eye, It may not look like it, but theres a huge amount of work and money already spent on that. Its pretty close, fab mounts for bodywork & fit pipes if it has not already been done.
Its a good buy, especially considering a rebuilt CPI powered engine thats 5k total right there! Rhw man who rebuilr ir is well known as a excellent motor builder in all venues, his drag engines rock.

I've ridden a FZ600 and FZR powered RZ hybrids in the past, still two of the best handling bikes Ive ever ridden.

Call him find out what the scoop in it, Oddlt looks like theres been little intrest here, Its also on several other racing & custom build sites. I think you can steal it out from under people who might be procrastinating.

Ill tell you, it is the best way to buy a project by buying some buddies unfinished dream bike or car Pennies on the dollar.
Dont underestimate what you think you will spend doing it yourself...myself and many here have probably 7 to $10,000 or more on their bikes and they're still way far off from finished that bike is a realistic $7,000 rolling running project all brand new fabricated and rebuilt I would think about it but not too long. And it's one of a kind and you will never ever see another bike like it and that bike is probably putting out 80 horsepower it will be f****** fast as f***
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

driftmaster

#21 Post by driftmaster » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:33 pm

I spoke with him this afternoon. Made planes to pick it up Monday morning.

Back to the stocker. I have to do something whith the front end. Race Tech springs?
and like I said earlier I think the forks are bent. Will fzr forks bolt in place?
is their a better bolt in rear shock thats not a arm and leg? Also the rear axle
is kinda shady. Seems like its missing a bushing on the brake side. Such
a fine line between to lose and to tight.

Thanks for that reply Questo. I can is a forest for the trees.

driftmaster

#22 Post by driftmaster » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:24 am

forgot to mention the insurance on the rz costs me $2.65 a month. The modern bike I came from was $60.
just have liability on the rz. Had a 09 klr not long ago, it was over $20 for liability.

yamasukiman

#23 Post by yamasukiman » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:14 am

How does that work?
Things are a bit different here in Oz!

Questo vecchio rz

#24 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:33 am

driftmaster wrote:I spoke with him this afternoon. Made planes to pick it up Monday morning. (I noticed he pulled his add). If you didnt buy it, I was sitting at the computer with a friend who was going to...lol If for some reason you decide its wasnt for you, let me know as I have a buyer. Thats a F-ing smoking deal

Back to the stocker. I have to do something whith the front end. Race Tech springs? Good choice w their (gold valve emulators), theres also progressive springs and some are altering swapping internals from newer forks as well these days, but you dont reallt need anything more than a sorted stock frontend w mentioned upgrades, likley all youll ever need on the street. 1st & foremost they have to be straight. they bend really easy from crashes. Many here have done quality upgrades to the stock RZ front end

Like I said earlier I think the forks are bent. Will fzr forks bolt in place? (Best do a search) If the dia & length are the same I thinking they will, Yamahas swap alot of parts.

Is their a better bolt in rear shock thats not a arm and leg?

Yes look @ HAGON, Dave Quinn motorcycles, imports them to the US.

http://www.davequinnmotorcycles.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are a good quality replacement shock (NOT) a racing shock but still a affordable & real good upgrade for 1/2 the cost of a race shock. RZs Unlimited iften sella rebuilt NLA FOX twin clickers , But there generally kinda pricey. The Hagon is a smart choice its(Brand new too), built spfyng & valved specificlly for the bike. Dont even ask me about R6 or CBR shock swaps :smt009 I've got my opinion & Im sticking to it..lol

Also the rear axle
is kinda shady. Seems like its missing a bushing on the brake side. Such a fine line between to lose and to tight.
Look at the service manual or a (online schematic) and see if you have everything correct, Never ride w a suspension with anything thats questionable in any way

Thanks for that reply Questo. I can is a forest for the trees.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

RuZty
-----
-----

#25 Post by RuZty » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:52 am

Questo vecchio rz wrote: Find out what he gas for xtras & total parts & fabrication rhata done, It apprears "all" rge gard stuff gas been nabbed...
Rhw man who rebuilr ir is well known ....
I've ridden a FZ600 and FZR powered RZ hybrids in the past...
:smt030 :smt024
bad spell check day?
FZR powered RZ?
:smt002

RuZty
-----
-----

#26 Post by RuZty » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:56 am

yamasukiman wrote:How does that work?
Things are a bit different here in Oz!
No kidding, I pay about $30/mo for the RZ and that's the cheapest it's ever been. A modern supersport would be at least triple that.

driftmaster

#27 Post by driftmaster » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:22 am

Questo vecchio rz wrote:
driftmaster wrote: (I noticed he pulled his add). If you didnt buy it, I was sitting at the computer with a friend who was going to...lol If for some reason you decide its wasnt for you, let me know as I have a buyer. Thats a F-ing smoking deal [/i][/b][/color].
I will, hope he didn't sell it from out from under me. He sounded like a stright up guy.

Far as the insurance,,my mother and father were some of State Farms first costumers. Your given a costumer policy number when you sign up. So my parents number is very very low. I was put on the policy at 14 under the same number and still have it today. They have sence left for another provider but I still have the original number. I have only made a few claims in 33 plus years. My agent said a low number matters. The few claims I made their were no questions asked and a check was written to me on the spot.

Questo vecchio rz

#28 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:22 pm

RuZty wrote:
Questo vecchio rz wrote: Find out what he gas for xtras & total parts & fabrication rhata done, It apprears "all" rge gard stuff gas been nabbed...
Rhw man who rebuilr ir is well known ....
I've ridden a FZ600 and FZR powered RZ hybrids in the past...
:smt030 :smt024
bad spell check day?
FZR powered RZ?
:smt002
I wish it was :smt030

Unfortunately just a bad combination lack of sleep, a smart phone with a micro keypad...my fingers hit 3 letters at once
:smt013. Then add to the mix no reading glasses :smt003. And it becomes an experience in code breaking :smt017 :smt003

You should see my texts sometimes when (Im in a hurry), I'ts truly amazing what appears. :smt021
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Questo vecchio rz

#29 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:29 pm

Did ya buy it? pretty sure you did! Seller E-mailed us it was sold. Congratulations. $12k dollars of receipts...what a steal dude, you scored...BIG TIME ! And still a clean canvas for all your personal custom touches as well.

Deals like that dont come across to often, especially on CPI cylinders and rebuilt too. I was stunned it was online as long as it was.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

driftmaster

#30 Post by driftmaster » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:36 am

Thanks Questo, I did pick it up. Looks like its lots of work before its finished. Came with pipes, new 32mm flat slides, Trail teck speedo, New TZ plastic, and a couple boxes of parts. Hopefully I can get it together by spring. Guess I'll leave
the first bike stock and focus on this one. Thinking I will have lots of questions coming up.

The guy did say it was 3 or 4 people wanting it if I didn't buy.