AirTECH glass. Canada.

Vendors can post special deals in here - Please, VENDORS ONLY

Moderators: rztom, 2smoke

hondaror

AirTECH glass. Canada.

#1 Post by hondaror » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:52 pm

As of some time this coming March, I will be a distributor of AirTECH products. I will be driving down shortly to meet with the owner, and take a Canadian F2 down for fitment and mold making. They will tweak the fitment of the YZR500 replica kit to fit well on the F2, as well as develop the necessary hardware modifications. This will benefit all who want a vintage GP look world wide. The kit is currently listed on their website at $795.00 USD, and that is now wrong. They are in the process of adjusting the price to reflect increased manufacturing costs. The new price is to be posted on their site soon.
I will release CAD prices, as soon as I know what the costs actually are for importing, exchange and shipping. The benefit for the Canadian market, I'm hoping, will be: a product for both RZ350 models, lighter fairing options for the hard to find stock pieces, quicker delivery times, a stable price point and a more local dealer presence. I plan on stocking a couple of units, as AirTECH makes to order.
I am a huge fan of AirTECH and their products. I will be testing this stuff as I get it. I have ordered a gas tank from them as well. I plan on using that on the road to see how it holds up to our said, ethanol"less" fuels.
I have registered a company name and GST/HST #. I will be known in business as Grumpy Lui Racing.
Rory
2 1984 RZ350s
1985 RZ350
9 1986-1990 RZ350s
2000 ST2
2005 749
2005 749 with 999 engine

Zedixe13
-----
-----

Re: AirTECH glass. Canada.

#2 Post by Zedixe13 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:51 pm

Lc fairings would be nice .

hondaror

#3 Post by hondaror » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:46 pm

The YZR500 replica will fit the LC. The hardware might actually be the same if it existed. The seat would be the issue. I have an LC frame, but no bike yet. I'd need a tank to be able to check out the seat fit. That will happen as soon as I'm up and running and sorted out.
Rory
2 1984 RZ350s
1985 RZ350
9 1986-1990 RZ350s
2000 ST2
2005 749
2005 749 with 999 engine

TCRZ88

#4 Post by TCRZ88 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:30 pm

I would be interested in a set.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
Live long, and smoke 'em if you got 'em!

hondaror

#5 Post by hondaror » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:07 am

March 1st I was able to start up a rather primitive website for Grumpy Lui Racing. grumpyluiracing.ca
Rory
2 1984 RZ350s
1985 RZ350
9 1986-1990 RZ350s
2000 ST2
2005 749
2005 749 with 999 engine

hondaror

#6 Post by hondaror » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:12 am

I am currently in Vista California at AirTECH. I've been working with owner Kent Riches to tweak the YZR RZ replica kit. They have mocked up the changes to offer a bolt on F2 seat kit that will fit beautifully, and today we mounted the fairing to my F2 making all the hardware changes necessary for F2 mounting. The hardware masters should be finished tomorrow. F2 owners world wide will soon be able to join the ranks of the F1 bike owners who are able to easily bolt the kits on their bikes.
They have also made me a gas tank for one of my early bikes with a flush mount fuel filler and a TZ style air vent. I'm very excited to get this stuff back to Alberta and start to piece a bike together.
The F2 YZR500 replica kits will be available in the next 2-3 months. My order will be finished first and then the public can buy.
I will post pics when I get home, so stay tuned.

The kits have gone up in price and do not show as such on the site. That will be updated in the future. I am working with Walt on calculating cost of the kits with shipping to Canada, clearing customs. I will post the Canadian price as soon as we can determine that.

As a note: If you had purchased AirTECH race glass in the past and been unhappy with it's rigidity, you can request additional layers for your parts. They are made to order. I am going to stock RZ fairings as soon as I build up the business. I will offer them in street weight and race versions.

Life on the RZ F2 is about to get much fresher. I am also arranging with Kent to offer, like stock bodywork. Panels that can bolt right to your stock fairings and solid tail sections in two formats, to be released at a later date. You will soon be able to replace any damaged plastic you have, in a variety of ways.
Rory
2 1984 RZ350s
1985 RZ350
9 1986-1990 RZ350s
2000 ST2
2005 749
2005 749 with 999 engine

TCRZ88

#7 Post by TCRZ88 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:30 am

It would be nice if they built tanks for the F2 as well. Mine is dented and since it is 30 years old, not possible to replace. I hope the kit for the F2 has a light looking tail. I personally didn't like the box(or boxy wedge) that sat behind the pilot. Will this kit be also be able to use Zdus fasteners to hold it together/on? I like the speed and ease of use of the Zdus, as well, I seem to be taking at the very least the belly pan and sides off at least 2 to 3 times a year.

TCRZ88

#8 Post by TCRZ88 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:30 am

Exciting days ahead for the RZ!

wolfman

#9 Post by wolfman » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:09 am

Ah dammit, been screwing with the RS, haven't been here and missed this ?
I am literally right down the street from AirTECH and would've enjoyed a beer or two with ya!
Only wish I had some Alexander Keith's for ya Rory.
Next time.
84 RZ350 Spec II boost ports shaved head
Y boot 29mm PWKs billet manifold TDR Reeds Spec II pipes
Fox twin clicker JMC Braced swing arm
Tarozzi fork brace
Brembo 19 RCS Master ss lines blue spots EBC Vees
Spec 2 Full Fairing factory Solo Cowl

Questo vecchio rz

#10 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:15 am

I just remembered you said you would be in So Cal. If by chance you pass through the Palm Springs/La Quinta area, PM me and if I can swing it we can grab a bite, perhaps a beer. As you know too well, I'm dealing with a sinilar situation..This last week is pretty rough & shes back in the hospital to recover, as a result my days & nights are unpredictable. But if by chance, it works out its nice to meet & show hospitality to like minded enthusiasts whom share the hobby.
Regardless, great to see you supporting these great old bikes, and taking the steps to offer hope to many owners of that model, good job! So refreshing to see one give back & help others.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

wolfman

#11 Post by wolfman » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:36 pm

Ooh you're right near chuckwalla !!!
Lucky !
84 RZ350 Spec II boost ports shaved head
Y boot 29mm PWKs billet manifold TDR Reeds Spec II pipes
Fox twin clicker JMC Braced swing arm
Tarozzi fork brace
Brembo 19 RCS Master ss lines blue spots EBC Vees
Spec 2 Full Fairing factory Solo Cowl

OldTZracer

#12 Post by OldTZracer » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:39 am

Great news Rory.
"...its a 2-stroke ya twit - Its supposed to smoke..."

hondaror

#13 Post by hondaror » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:14 pm

Thanks guys! Very kind words.
I'm home now, my phone was acting up, loads of problems so I'm sorry to not have been in touch with others. That would have been great, Would have been great to go for a ride as well, but Kent needed my tank to finish the seat mold, so that never happened. The plan is to go down at least every two years. The bike will come with me.

Hang in there Questo!!! Being there for her is half the battle. The stress of your situation, I know. It comes from all angles. Emotional, physical, mental, and financial. There isn't much room for anything. Sorry I missed you, but will make it next time down.
Distraction helped me. I was concentrating on the bikes whenever I had a moment for me. Not too often. Support comes in many forms from very unusual places, like the bike forums. There are so many great people here!

The guys at AirTECH are awesome. There is nothing they can't do or won't try for you. Remember, this is race glass, not concourse museum stuff, unless you value the old race bikes. This is as good as anything else in the world. I like to say the best in the world, but we all know that is subjective. I'm just an old racer. I believe in the product and now I can say I believe in the guys behind the product, having met them. Kent has been doing this a long time and has it figured out. The YZR350 fairing is a very complicated piece, and the workers hate doing it because of that fact. I told them to get used to it as I think numbers are going to go up.
The guy that manufactures the hardware, does so by hand. His name is Randy Nelson, a 10 consecutive record achiever at the salt flats in Bonneville. A bit of trivia. His band saw was owned brand new by Harpo Marx.
All the glass is hand laid. Eveything is done by hand and hand tools.

Tim, I'm working with Kent on an F2 tank as well as an optional tank which I think would do really well. I will be posting pics of my early RZ tank with air vent and flush cap, neither of which were stock.
Rory
2 1984 RZ350s
1985 RZ350
9 1986-1990 RZ350s
2000 ST2
2005 749
2005 749 with 999 engine

TCRZ88

#14 Post by TCRZ88 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:09 pm

hondaror wrote:Thanks guys! Very kind words.
I'm home now, my phone was acting up, loads of problems so I'm sorry to not have been in touch with others. That would have been great, Would have been great to go for a ride as well, but Kent needed my tank to finish the seat mold, so that never happened. The plan is to go down at least every two years. The bike will come with me.

Hang in there Questo!!! Being there for her is half the battle. The stress of your situation, I know. It comes from all angles. Emotional, physical, mental, and financial. There isn't much room for anything. Sorry I missed you, but will make it next time down.
Distraction helped me. I was concentrating on the bikes whenever I had a moment for me. Not too often. Support comes in many forms from very unusual places, like the bike forums. There are so many great people here!

The guys at AirTECH are awesome. There is nothing they can't do or won't try for you. Remember, this is race glass, not concourse museum stuff, unless you value the old race bikes. This is as good as anything else in the world. I like to say the best in the world, but we all know that is subjective. I'm just an old racer. I believe in the product and now I can say I believe in the guys behind the product, having met them. Kent has been doing this a long time and has it figured out. The YZR350 fairing is a very complicated piece, and the workers hate doing it because of that fact. I told them to get used to it as I think numbers are going to go up.
The guy that manufactures the hardware, does so by hand. His name is Randy Nelson, a 10 consecutive record achiever at the salt flats in Bonneville. A bit of trivia. His band saw was owned brand new by Harpo Marx.
All the glass is hand laid. Eveything is done by hand and hand tools.

Tim, I'm working with Kent on an F2 tank as well as an optional tank which I think would do really well. I will be posting pics of my early RZ tank with air vent and flush cap, neither of which were stock.
Wooo hooo[emoji119] ! [emoji106] [emoji106]

JonW

#15 Post by JonW » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:37 pm

sounds like a great trip. exciting times.
80 XT500 Supermoto!
81 RD350LC Resto
82 RD421LC Hybrid
82 RD350LC decapitation project
82 RD250LC JDM '251LC' YPVS
83 RZ350 Resto
84 RZ500 Resto
85 RZ350 F1 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Hybrid

Like Watches? www.PloProf.com & www.DeskDivers.com