Gearhead stuff to do in and around Glendale CA?

"Off-topic" forum for general BS - spout off here

Moderator: rztom

RuZty
-----
-----

Gearhead stuff to do in and around Glendale CA?

#1 Post by RuZty » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:59 pm

My brother is in Glendale next week on business and has a couple of days to kill, any recommendations on 'must see' stuff? He's more of a car guy and already has tickets for the Peterson Museum, any other recommendation from you CA guys? It doesn't have to be car related either but he probably won't want to drive too far. Thanks.

whyzee79

Re: Gearhead stuff to do in and around Glendale CA?

#2 Post by whyzee79 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:31 pm

Chino air museum. Its gear head.

Smoker

#3 Post by Smoker » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:50 pm

Pro Italia is in Glendale.

Cool place to oogle expensive Italian bikes. They also have a second shop a couple of blocks away with other non-Italian bikes.

If your bro can rent a bike, Angeles Crest Hwy is just a few miles away. Very nice ride. I only have one running bike at the moment - otherwise I would hook him up.

Mulholland Drive isn't far from the Peterson Museum. Too crowded to race these days, but still a legendary road with awesome views of L.A. and the Valley.

Not gearhead, but the Griffith Observatory is also in the Hollywood hills, and is one of my favorite places to visit.

Questo vecchio rz

#4 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:19 pm

You cant go wrong w the Petersen !!
Also if he's around over the weekend, The " Rock Store" is quite the scene for bikes & cars. And you can enjoy Mullholland drive as well going to & from.

The Los Angeles/So Cal region has more going on w cars & bikes virtually any day of the week, probably more than anyplace on planet earth...lol

All you have to do is Google or Facebook & something w pop up.

If you find nothing..its likley L.A. was hit by a nuclear attack.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

RuZty
-----
-----

#5 Post by RuZty » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:58 pm

Thanks guys, I figured there is no shortage of stuff to do around LA, but it's usually better to ask locals than jump straight into the tourist traps. I will pass your suggestions on to him. We did Angeles Crest and Mulholland Drive on holiday in '83 but he was only 13 and I was driving a Chevette from Rent-a-Wreck because our Mom wouldn't drive somewhere unfamiliar and nobody else would rent a car to an 18 year old. I did manage to go to the last F1 race at Long Beach while we were there, damn that was a long time ago.

Questo vecchio rz

#6 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:49 pm

In addition to being the best car & bike region, The traffic is just as bad now... plan your trips accordingly. Ita pretty awful, about as bad as it can get some days... avoid the 405 anytime after 1 p.m. until 8 p.m.
Keep it simple take in the local sights enjoy some good restaurants plenty of good music check out the" Farmers Market" at Fairfax and 3rd Street about half a mile from the Petersons they have some kickass food places check out the "Brazilian BBQ "@ http://www.pampas-grill.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or the "French Crepe Company " http://frenchcrepe.com/new/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you cannot go wrong with either of those world-class comfort food comfort food not to be missed ! Dude I'm serious not to be missed at all on a trip to Los Angeles!! I could go on for days but it's all good hope your brother enjoys his stay.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

RuZty
-----
-----

#7 Post by RuZty » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:06 pm

Thanks! I wish I was going with him.

RuZty
-----
-----

#8 Post by RuZty » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:11 pm

Smoker wrote:
I only have one running bike at the moment - otherwise I would hook him up.

I appreciate the thought, although he's not much for riding anyway (yet), I'm busy busting his ass to make sure the CB550 Four his wife bought 20 years ago lands on his side when they wrap up their divorce so we can go riding.