Old video, dumb stuff, but couple rz's

"Off-topic" forum for general BS - spout off here

Moderator: rztom

Disco

Old video, dumb stuff, but couple rz's

#1 Post by Disco » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:33 pm

Hey guys,
It's been a long time since I rapped at ya.
Someone posted this video on my hometown-history Facebook page. This was, at one time, an annual deal between my town and a neighboring one along the Wisconsin River.

Video is bad (but hey, it's home vid from 1985, what do you expect?) and it's obviously stupid and reckless, but I thought some of you might get a kick out of it. Thankfully I was too young to be participating (or even attending) this event, but some of the guys in it I know as they were a few years older than me. And, a few of these people didn't end up making it into their 30s'.

About 2:00 there are 2 RZ's that line up together. There are a couple other "chapters" from that day on youtube by the same guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfLAUdWguUc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RuZty
-----
-----

Re: Old video, dumb stuff, but couple rz's

#2 Post by RuZty » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:21 pm

The RZ's are at 2:00 on the second video. 1985 looks waaay more lame in the video than it does in my memory.

Disco

Re: Old video, dumb stuff, but couple rz's

#3 Post by Disco » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:53 pm

Yep, you are right, sorry about the part 1 vs. part 2 videos. Here's part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwApTnIHm3U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One thing that is fairly noticeable IMO, while this 85 era is pre everybody-works-out, it's pretty obvious it's also pre high fructose corn syrup in every product made. On a whole, people even those in their late teens and 20's were on average thinner than what we have now. And no these weren't all hard working farm kids either.
Imagine the kids you see now wearing those cut-off jeans? Not good. Well, they weren't good then either but that's for other reasons.