It's Rory's Time

"Off-topic" forum for general BS - spout off here

Moderator: rztom

evan_calgary

It's Rory's Time

#1 Post by evan_calgary » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:42 pm

I have been surprised by the lack of RZ stuff for sale in Canada these days. Over the winter there are usually a couple of beaters that come up. Think I have scored one every year. This year I didn't see a single one. No parts lots or anything out West and little in Ontario as well. When they do come up they seem to move quite a bit faster and higher priced. There are still of course the idiots like George at Chifor Racing with hundreds of overpriced parts posts and hundreds of bikes stashed away but the sales are dwindling.

Guess saying it might finally be price appreciation time for these bikes in Canada. Aka Rory's time to shine...

JonW

Re: It's Rory's Time

#2 Post by JonW » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:57 pm

eeek, if the secret that is Canadian bike prices is out, and stock is out, then you could soon see prices like the ROW... great if you own one, less so if you want to.
80 XT500 Supermoto!
81 RD350LC Resto
82 RD421LC Hybrid
82 RD350LC decapitation project
82 RD250LC JDM '251LC' YPVS
83 RZ350 Resto
84 RZ500 Resto
85 RZ350 F1 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Hybrid

Like Watches? www.PloProf.com & www.DeskDivers.com

hondaror

Re: It's Rory's Time

#3 Post by hondaror » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:11 am

I'm liking the fact that once I rebuild them, I should get paid for them accordingly. I plan on completely rebuilt engines with non-stock bodywork. Something that race enthusiasts should enjoy tooling around on. The fun part, I can do whatever I choose, and I'm sure someone will want to buy the end product. They will all reflect my racing heritage and my appreciation for these glorious bikes. I will not build something that I would not want for myself, that way, if I'm stuck with any of them, I won't give a rats ass. Somehow, I don't think that will be the case.
Things are really going well at the moment. I've been buying parts for almost four years. Seems like a long time ago that Anna and I met Jeff in Brantford Ontario, and Russ north of Canada's Wonderland. I've resumed racing, started to build a bike, taken a huge financial risk with my business adventure in the motorcycle industry and met an industry icon, Kent Riches, of AirTECH Streamlining, whom I've chosen to represent north of the boarder. I've spent a load of money and have not made a nickel. Why am I doing it? For Canadian motorcycling. For motorcycling overal.
I think the F2 is the perfect street tool, designed to be taken on the track for fun. It is inexpensive to own and operate, or was to own, and offers the best of all worlds. Is it current? Absolutely not! It's still a riot to get on and get going in a hurry. It can be improved on and many choose to go that route, right Martin (of Germany)?! Others prefer the nostalgia of getting on a stock RZ and reliving their youth, while they still can.
I am extremely proud of my efforts to increase availability of parts for the F2, namely, the beautiful AirTECH YZR350 replikit. I am also thrilled as they are about providing economical stock replica fibreglass bodywork, and the possibility of a couple of seat options and tank options. This will all be in the works, after the current moulds have been completed and the F2 replikits are available.
I've had a rough few years, and I've done my best to keep the glass half full. Now it's time to get things done, make a difference where I think I can.
I've told my son, that the second bike I build, I will put up for auction and the proceeds of the sale will be forwarded to him to help pay for his education, which he is working on or his bills for rehab. Money that I don't have due to my efforts to make my late wife's life as pleasant as possible.
Rory
2 1984 RZ350s
1985 RZ350
9 1986-1990 RZ350s
2000 ST2
2005 749
2005 749 with 999 engine