How fast is/was your stock RZ350?

"Off-topic" forum for general BS - spout off here

Moderator: rztom

MK

Re: How fast is/was your stock RZ350?

#31 Post by MK » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:54 pm

Did I mention my race RZ does wheelies up to 5'th gear ?
I even have pics to prove it! Trolls beware: I'm so proud of it, I'll fight anyone who's going to doubt it to the bitter end.
(Well maybe somtimes I forget to mention it's not stock AND a 13/47 gearing may add to it)

Seriously: All those threads always end in the usual 'who's got the longest dick" or "bullshit from the past" competition.
"Just some pipes" for example is NOT stock. Fiddling compression, porting air filter,
jetting (which we all did back then) is NOT stock, too.

Real stock YPVS 350 bikes (unrestricted performance) measured by magazines were in the 185-195 kmh range, depending on year and w/wo fairing. Unfortunately especially the 86+ models often suffered from statistical deviations to the lower side - it's not that seldom to find bikes going just 160 kmh.
Bye
Martin

MK

#32 Post by MK » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:58 pm

Questo vecchio rz wrote: I'm assuming this is "Martin" MK here doing his thing!

https://youtu.be/m8jbL0MIzz4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As many of you, I could do this easily, but not quite as good.

Martin's RZ as set up, I'm willing to bet can hang with many, many a new machine on his tracks, likely beating many new bikes that cost 4-5 x more.
You're assuming right - it was a bit ago at the 2000 twostroke meeting in Lurcy Levis/ France
Just that's my street bike with around 60-65 HP at the rear wheel.
Bye
Martin

RuZty
-----
-----

#33 Post by RuZty » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:34 pm

T.RexRacing wrote:The newer small models are entry level bikes. The RZ was a small bore sport model. They don't have the nerve to introduce a small bore sporter any more. That's not to say I don't like seeing some small bore bikes in the lineup it's just not quite the same.
No, definitely not the same, but up here at least, a lot of newer riders are trying those bikes because they can afford to insure them. A new teenage rider in Ontario pays more than half the value of the bike in insurance every year on a sport bike. Once they realize they like riding and want more something like the RZ is way more affordable than a supersport 600 to buy and insure.

T.RexRacing

#34 Post by T.RexRacing » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:45 pm

Hell my Tuono struggles to loft the front wheel in 3rd. It'll do it with a burp of the clutch or twist of the loud switch on the right bump in the road @ 3500rpm. Max power isn't what works for me. It's above average power in a great chassis that makes sporting ride for me. Hell my WRX makes good power but there's plenty of cars that'll walk away in a straight line but few can get by me on a twisty road. It ain't about being King Of The Mountain it's about great ride to meet at the top for a cuppa joe.
There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.
Salvador Dali

Zedixe13
-----
-----

#35 Post by Zedixe13 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:24 am

T.RexRacing wrote:The CB-1 H*nda was a cool bike too.
That's what I thought for a long time until I finally got one last year , what a buzzer it was , 1-2-3-4-5-6 came at 60 kmh and it started to roar at 5500 and nothing
below 7-8000 rpm . Kept it 1 month and swapped it for a very well sorted low KM 1984 RZ350 . But they are tough , mine had 145 000km .