boats.net

"Off-topic" forum for general BS - spout off here

Moderator: rztom

hablair

boats.net

#1 Post by hablair » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:58 am

Hi Guys

Has anyone outside of the US used these guys before, I have

Unfortunately when i now go to their website, where I used to find motorcycle parts I can now only access marine parts

I can plug in part numbers, if they are the current ones, so i emailed them to see where the bike parts had gone

These were my emails and replies

My initial email

Finding Yamaha motorcycle parts used to be real easy on your site

Where have you put them now?

They are no longer visible from the home page

Cheers

Howard

Their Reply was

Good afternoon,

What is the VIN to help better assist you? Looking forward to your reply. Have a great day

My Response

My issue isn’t with a VIN, my bike is originally from Switzerland, and thus the VIN I put in would probably not register

I have bought parts from your company quite few times over the years, my last invoice was in March this year, Invoice ID: 44334238

I look for parts using the year of my bike, then I choose the model, then I choose which type of part I need from the part of the bike, eg Electrical, Frame etc, then I add to the cart the parts I want, then pay for them to be shipped to me

Now all I can find are marine parts, can you tell me where to find the motorcycle parts please?

It used to be easy, since the website appears to have changed, it isn’t

Howard

Their reply

Good morning,

Unfortunately we do not have schematics for international models nor can we cross reference US model with international models. If you have a part number we can check pricing and availability. However we cannot confirm it will be the correct part for your particular model. We do apologise for the inconvenience. If there is anything else we can assist you with please contact us back. Have a great day.

My final response, and they didn't return any after this one, to hard i suspect

Apologies and I’m not trying to be smart here, however I beg to differ, I have quite successfully ordered parts for my bike off the Boats.net website for about the last 5 years, if I wasn’t able to order the parts why would I be visiting the Boats.net website in the first place, if you look up my last invoice number I gave you in the last email you will see my proof

Many other people I ‘am in contact with, including my Yamaha mechanic, have done the same

Parts across the Yamaha RZ350 models, like for like, range are the same world wide, the American part numbers add a -00 on the end of the number, the parts themselves are the same

The schematics are essentially the same for any RZ/RD 350 LC2 around the world

The only differences are the 1986 and beyond fairing panels, and of course the American emission control on the carburettors, the only model in America is the 1985 RZ350 which is designated by the engine number starting with 48H, this is the same bike as a 31K, except of course for the emission controls, the frame parts, crank parts, engine seals, clutch, most electrical parts and brake parts are the same size shape and fit

If I stuff up on the part number its my issue, I can however assure you I and many others haven’t had an issue yet, we order in parts from all over the world due to rarity of these bikes

Given the information I have just imparted, can you let me know where the motorcycle parts area on Boats.net has moved to?

Cheers and have a great day

Howard

Has anyone else had this issue at all

Cheers

Howard

L.B

Re: boats.net

#2 Post by L.B » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:10 am

Ffs... same here & im in Oz. Only comes up with choices for marine shit.
As much as a pita their shipping costs were,it was a good place to get most anything rdlc or rz....

hablair

#3 Post by hablair » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:28 am

Hi Jason

Yes it is a PITA, and they wont respond, funny with all of the fellows responses that they can't supply for overseas models, guess what, they will supply us marine parts for overseas models

Whats the difference, i don't get it

I'm in WA too, you know me too via JonW

Howard

Evans Ward
-----
-----

#4 Post by Evans Ward » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:49 am

Try Partzilla as they and boats.net come from the same city and warehouse.
84 RZ350-Toomeys,SCR milled head, stk 26 carbs,300 M, 35 P, stock regrooved needles AS 2.5 turns out,stk air box,Banshee reeds Zeel non-progr CDI,TSRL Program YPVS,alum rad,R6 shock,GV emulators w/RT springs,fork brace,Shindy steering damper.

hablair

#5 Post by hablair » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:12 am

Hi Evans

Definitely aware of them and the link between the two, sometimes PZ don't show parts as being in stock however Boats do

A few people on the UK forum have replied to say they have the same issue

Is a real shame if these sites lock us out

howard

T.RexRacing

#6 Post by T.RexRacing » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:41 am

It seems the same here in the US. I sent a message asking if they still sell Yamaha motorcycle parts. We'll see.
There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.
Salvador Dali

hablair

#7 Post by hablair » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:58 am

HMMM, Interesting T.rex

I was wondering if that was the case

if you have to use PZ, that's OK

Begs the question why the fellow didn't say so though, they are a related company

Smoker

#8 Post by Smoker » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:07 pm

T.RexRacing wrote:It seems the same here in the US. I sent a message asking if they still sell Yamaha motorcycle parts. We'll see.
They do.

Same issue for me. I ordered a couple of days ago.

Got the part numbers elsewhere and entered them on boats.net.

Motorcycle parts are still available there.

Boats.net always says the parts are available in 1-2 days. After purchasing the parts and waiting a couple of days, they will send an e-mail stating when the parts are actually available. I phoned them to ask specifically about this and was told- "That's just how our system works." The last parts I ordered are supposed to arrive at boats.net around June 12, but could be delayed further.

If you call on the phone during business hours, they will answer your call.

ZedSledder

#9 Post by ZedSledder » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:19 pm

I just now googled a part number and boats.net in the same search and it came up.
I’m about to pull the trigger on a banshee crank and they have one.
My exact search was. 29L-11400-30 boats.net
1985 Canadian Rz350. Restored with collector plates. Stock VM26, Triumph Calipers, Galfer brake lines. Brand new DG’s, 260 main, 22.5 pilot jet. Economy pre-load adjusters. Ohlins shock. Oem Banshee crank.

hablair

#10 Post by hablair » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:23 pm

Hi Zedsledder

Oh yes if you have the part number it will find it for you and you can order it, only issue is you can't see the schematics and order multiple parts at once without having to enter each one in

Howard

hablair

#11 Post by hablair » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:28 pm

Hi Smoker

Yes MC parts are still available, however the links to them have vanished

I had though of ringing them, however the size of the phone bill from Australia put me off, mind you I'd like to give them some curry over the decision to hide the MC links, it may well happen though!

The interesting comment for me was that overseas models aren't supported, that's interesting in itself, I have an E-Tec 150, Australian stock, fitted to an Australian boat I can order parts for, go figure

Howard

ZedSledder

#12 Post by ZedSledder » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:32 pm

Gotcha. The google method is an inefficient way if you need multiple parts. Surely they will sort it out?you would think?
1985 Canadian Rz350. Restored with collector plates. Stock VM26, Triumph Calipers, Galfer brake lines. Brand new DG’s, 260 main, 22.5 pilot jet. Economy pre-load adjusters. Ohlins shock. Oem Banshee crank.

hablair

#13 Post by hablair » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:45 pm

Zed

I'd have a look at Babbits price, before you do anything

hablair

#14 Post by hablair » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:27 pm

You'd like to think so, Zed

If you guys in the US can't find the correct links, what hope do the rest of us have

Smoker

#15 Post by Smoker » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:07 am

I just ordered parts for my RZV500 from them.

Guess it depends what parts you want.