The passing of a coveted enthusiast - George Gilbert

News on forum updates, enhancements and/or special announcements

Moderator: rztom

rztom
Site Admin

The passing of a coveted enthusiast - George Gilbert

#1 Post by rztom » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:05 am

I have learned that a great friend to our community has passed this week due to an accident that I have no details of. :smt010

His name is George Gilbert, and I'm sure many of you will know him as the principal of "Team RaceReady" out of Canada.

He was a committed member of our 2-stroke community, and I'm sure he had touched several of you North American members somewhere along the way.

I had the privilege of meeting him at one of our Daytona club rallies a few years ago and I now cherish having had the opportunity to call him a friend.

RIP George... :smt023 :smt004

(George is the one on the right in this pic from our '03 Daytona rally...)

RuZty
-----
-----

#2 Post by RuZty » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:48 am

I don't know what to say, George was a friend before we moved a few years ago and we lost touch. Super nice guy, exceptionally helpful and a talented individual. He let me ride the nicest RZ500 I have ever seen and had 5 of them in his garage at the time. He had gotten away from the bikes to put his son through kart racing, definitely a champion in the making. A tragic loss, sympathy to his young family, rest in peace George.

jak167

#3 Post by jak167 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:11 pm

I never met Mr. Gilbert, but it but to lose any member of our community sucks. My condolences to the Gilbert family.

RIP George Gilbert

John