twostrokeshop.com

"Off-topic" forum for general BS - spout off here

Moderator: rztom

tankslap

Re: twostrokeshop.com

#16 Post by tankslap » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:44 am

I was present when he lied to customers on the phone in front of me. I didn't want to believe. I thought he was the next John Bloor about to bring about a two stroke revolution. But eventually I had to be honest with my self and reassess the information in front of me and draw a line in the sand.
I rebuilt an engine that came out of his 'workshop'. Professor of two-stroke-ology in a white lab coat he is not.
He thought jetting issues were resonant (vibrations) in the carbs causing frothing in the bowls and hence fuel starvation.
Fair enough we all have incorrect assertions at times, but read some of his early posts where he chastises people like he had the experience of Fritz Overmars himself. Important people that earned there reputations through hard work in this community.

This community is better off without his presence.

tankslap

#17 Post by tankslap » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:59 am

Sticky this thread.

"Being somewhat on the inside IMHO Steve did all he could to recover the situation his business partner set him up for. "

I believed this as well. But then I asked myself if I had heard both sides of the story and if I could really form an accurate opinion from only hearing one side of the story about a failed business partnership.

Of course the answer was begrudgingly a resounding no.

There are many things I will never know about what happened to cause the demise of the 485 project but from what I have seen first hand and heard first hand in testimonials from paying customers, Steve's take on it is far from accurate.

Bogeysnake

#18 Post by Bogeysnake » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:43 pm

"Being somewhat on the inside IMHO Steve did all he could to recover the situation his business partner set him up for. "

YES YES easy to blame the reclusive guy that refuses to get drawn into a net bitch fight. We only got one side of the story(pages and pages of it) and from what I have heard from insiders it was Wobbly that got dudded by Rothwell not the other way round. They were both supposed to put money into a joint account to kick the business off. Wobbly sold up his engine dyne and was prepping to sell his house move to Cairns . When Wobbly asked where was Rothwells money and where did his deposit go ($30K) Rothwell's reply was "My wife found the credit card and accidentally spent it". This is when they parted. So it was easy to paint Wobbly as the fall guy. Of course until Wobbly actually comes forward with his own version this is unverified but it sounds as good a story as any compared the bullshit that has flowed from Rothwell's mouth. :smt013

seahorse
-----
-----

#19 Post by seahorse » Wed May 07, 2014 7:52 pm

Why don't you tell us a step by step of you alleged 16000 dollar loss, Bogeysnake.

I'm sure many would like to get your side of the story.
81 RD 250 LC Hybrid .Widened frame with Aprilia RS250 Back end & Front end, strokd RZ 421, Kennys TSA's, 31KVM26SS Carbs M-360 P-25 ALBA Ndl Pos 3, Air 1.3/4
81Rd350lc resto 2016
81 Rd250lc resto 2017
1999 ZRX 1100

tankslap

#20 Post by tankslap » Thu May 08, 2014 3:36 am

How about when he supplied his own mikuni carbs
for his 'turn key build' to be told they won't work and to
latter find out they had been sold on. He eventually had
28mm pwk's supplied in their place.
But I will leave the full story up to him.
I'm sure he will oblige us soon.

peddro

#21 Post by peddro » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:09 pm

Bogeysnake wrote:He's moved. He's up on the Atherton Tablelands somewhere. Not sure but it looks like his house got re-possesed. If anybody's got his new address please post it up. It's nice to keep track of people like this.

Please see this thread:

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/show ... lease-Help" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;