Euro Harleys

"Off-topic" forum for general BS - spout off here

Moderator: rztom

John

Euro Harleys

#1 Post by John » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:18 pm

I wonder if Europeans producing Harley Davidson motorcycles will be able to make them idle smoothly and actually have a bit of performance and handling.
If they do they will call them BMW.

MK

Re: Euro Harleys

#2 Post by MK » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:18 am

Shouldn't it be called RSV Mille or Tuono then as the BMWs have the cylinders wrongly positioned.
Bye
Martin

seizer

#3 Post by seizer » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:13 pm

Why would you buy a Harley if you wanted performance and handling? It’s like buying an old muscle car for the fuel mileage.

MK

#4 Post by MK » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:07 pm

I don't feel old enough for both :-)
Bye
Martin

Questo vecchio rz

#5 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:41 pm

From what I've read? The tariffs are strictly in dedicated export HD factories intended for export market in the 1st place.
So it makes sense on their part to sidestep the tariff.
Now that we're at war with China,Canada and the EU...lol

Things are getting interesting..As of right now I'm in favor of dropping NAFTA, restructuring and breaking trade deals, I've watched for 20 years what's happened to the working class here, it's decimated. So I feel in has to crash n burn before it can ever have a chance to recover, it never will if we continue on the current path. There likley may be no stopping China, but one has to try. You can't compete with China in a traditional way, as there in it for the long haul, and we think of every thing short term. Every 4 years we trip over our own feet.. it's fatal.

Gotta say, a Harley wouldn't be a Harley without the distinctive lopping idle, that's the charm.. thats the brand
And like it or not Most Harley's we I'll easily out pace our tiny lil RZs, in stock form at least on the highways , A Harley will get you through any canyon at a reasonable pace with no handling worries at all. There not nimble, nor ever intended to be. There just a cool motorcycle, actually iconic.

I love sport bikes, but a Harley is welcomed, and will have one soon I hope, but a semi loud, hard tail, uncomfortable bobber...
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

seizer

#6 Post by seizer » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:11 pm

I enjoy mine. It’s obnoxious and beats you up but that’s why I like it.

hondaror

#7 Post by hondaror » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:01 am

I have to laugh at all the bikes that come into the shop with their idle turned down, real low, mimicking the HDs. We tell them that they're starving their engines of lubrication, but they keep coming in. It's not a problem with the fuel injected bikes, as the idle adjustment is on board the computers that we hook up to the bikes.
Rory
2 1984 RZ350s
1985 RZ350
9 1986-1990 RZ350s
2000 ST2
2005 749
2005 749 with 999 engine

Questo vecchio rz

#8 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:24 pm

Yea I always find it kind of humorous when owners of Honda's and Yamaha's and other cruisers add Harley badges etc,graft pipes and try to tinker w the engine to emulate the sound. its so against the point to me.

If you want a bike that sounds exactly like a Harley then you go get a late 90s early 2000 honda ACE, there great bikes, wonderful. just dont be the dude with low self esteem and tray to make it into a Harley, it aint, its a copy, a very good copy at that ,but it aint a Harley.

I also get sick n tired of dudes whom own Metric bike cruisers who use the generic saying, trying to justify to
he percived stigma that they didnt buy a Harley you know the ones
..."Its just like a Harley!, But its 1/2 the price and better too,water cooled and will last longer" GOD..thats SO LAME.

Although Id like a hardtail Harley Bobber, There is nothing wrong at all with metric cruisers, there really nice bikes, I will likely buy a 1999 Honda 750 a.c.e. either in red/cream or olive green/cream, Always wanted one there great bikes have a great support for customizing, and will do every thing I could ever ask from it, I will buy it as it offers alot of what I want for such a silly low price, usually 3k or less, But I'm not going to play pretend that its a Harley as it is not, and theres nothing wrong with that.. Its just practical.
A Harley is as I said Iconic, and you pay for that, and thats just fine, I dont like Harley owners whom bash Metric bikes either, thats douchey, and if people feel they have to pull that card, thats on them, as for me its all about riding and having fun, whatever ride you choose to ride to put a smile on your face...is all that matters. I missed this for $2100.00 as I was being a cheap ass...I wanted this bike more than any I have but waited a day too late Image
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500