250 race in Maylaysia

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

T.RexRacing

250 race in Maylaysia

#1 Post by T.RexRacing » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 pm

Anyone watch that?It was fookin great!I am beginning to hate the sanctioning bodies.Real racebikes are disappearing.Well if there's a bright side maybe I can buy a nice 250 now for a trackbike.

This old RZ

#2 Post by This old RZ » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:20 pm

Yea It was a very good race, will be nice for Honda to have a japanese rider finsh the final 250 gp as champion

T.RexRacing

#3 Post by T.RexRacing » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:49 pm

Ironic too.Honda caused the downfall of smokers.He's worked hard and earned it so good for Aoyama.

This old RZ

#4 Post by This old RZ » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:32 am

Isnt it funny ..that Honda pretty much seems to govern the rules..kinda like a spoiled kid..and for some reason they put the blame all on "Aprilla" for the change to spec machines ..stating that aprilla dominates 250 gp and makes it boring..yea truth is Gillera is Aprilla but so what!! the racing is cuthtroat close and fantastic and the hondas are still very competitive as ever. The politics of the rulemakers is B.S. .

The 250s "pure" race bikes are fully capable of comperting with the 150 h.p.600s ...but not one single team has entered a 250....its sad :smt010.
it is the.................end of 2-strokes :smt013 .

aaronmvrider
-----
-----

#5 Post by aaronmvrider » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:21 am

that honda should not be winning as i understand honda hasnt put any development into 2 strokes gp for quite some time

given that honda is very close with the heads of the gp ( supplying motor for all gp2 in 2010 )

could there be a possibility of some foul play, turning a blind eye to an unfair advantage outside of the governing body rules

but yes it was a spectacular race

on another note at philip island the australian 1000 cc support racers were lapping quicker than some of the moto gp field, how embarresing for a team even as high as suzuki moto gp beaten at race pace by a production based low budget local race outfit

2 strokes should not be phased out it is an integral part of motor sport
1 x 4mm stroker rz 375cc 1983
1 x 7mm stroker rz 443cc 1984 (under construction)
1 x rz 500
1 x mv agusta 1000

RuZty
-----
-----

#6 Post by RuZty » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:15 am

What other series have you ever seen second place awarded on fastest lap because it was too close to call TWICE in one season?

pscook

#7 Post by pscook » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:37 pm

aaronmvrider wrote:that honda should not be winning as i understand honda hasnt put any development into 2 strokes gp for quite some time
I would hazard a guess that Honda "found" some engineering support or parts, since this is, quite literally, their only chance for a world championship. Still, winning on a 5 year old chassis, against the "cutting edge" two stroke elite (Aprilia/Gilera et al) is pretty impressive. I have been a Hiro fanboi for a long time now, good to see his years at KTM have not adversely affected his skills.

RuZty wrote:What other series have you ever seen second place awarded on fastest lap because it was too close to call TWICE in one season?
Do you think that Marco's "aggressive" riding had anything to do with the decision?
2011 GasGas XC300 Enduro