Waited 26 years to get back into it..and so I have

We love ALL motorcycles - post your non-2T custom build here!

Moderator: rztom

MFI

Waited 26 years to get back into it..and so I have

Post by MFI »

35 years ago I got into bikes by buying a 67 Yamaha YSR1 250. Several bikes later, 79 Honda 750SS, Crazy RD 350 GP racer, H2 kawi, then an RZ350..and it was over..sold them all and still crying about it. So a month ago I bought a brand new Kawi ZX6R and turned it into a track only bike. You don't have to do much to it. Armour body fairings, Graves exhaust, remove all un needed stuff, mirrors,pass pegs, etc. Lithium battery..and you end up with a 370lb 130 HP blaster. I'm up at NYST a lot learning how to hang off it...But I do want an RZ again. Over the winter I'll add Graves rear sets, paint it..and who knows what else.
bike 100.jpg
bike 100.jpg (47.31 KiB) Viewed 558 times
Yellow and Black RZ

Re: Waited 26 years to get back into it..and so I have

Post by Yellow and Black RZ »

Shoulda kept 1... the RZ.
Taken apart in boxes or under the coffee table. It’s a small bike, relatively inconspicuous. My wife has no idea until a bike miraculously appeared in the garage. It seems like everyday I find another box with RZ parts. It’s like Christmas.

Always like Kawis. I’ve often read the transmissions are notchy. I’m doubtful they’re any different than any other brand.

Good luck with your racing. I’m a tad jel. You’re getting out there and doing it! Congrats.
'85 RRZ350 - Hacked.
MFI

Re: Waited 26 years to get back into it..and so I have

Post by MFI »

It kills me..believe me. The H2 is worth about 10 grand now. The RD was a monoshock conversion with about 70 HP..insane bike. Everyone stopped riding and a friend of mine got killed riding on bad tires that I told him to change the year before..and that was it for me..sold everything. At least on the track were all on the same page. There were some 2 strokes last weekend zipping around though. Looked like Aprilia's. Always wanted to do an Aprilia up with an RZ motor. What I really like now is the new Husquervana Vitpilin...Thats on the radar..would make an interesting track bike.