Patriot Racing expansion chambers

General forum on engines, transmissions, gearing and modifications to each

Moderator: rztom

silverstrom

Re: Patriot Racing expansion chambers

#31 Post by silverstrom » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:09 am

This seems like a lot of fuss for pipes that have shit welds and unknown performance that he doesn't really want to make. Why waste the time?

There are better choices, and as rztuner point out, TSA is a good place to start.

85RZwade

#32 Post by 85RZwade » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:50 am

After a night’s sleep I have rethought comments made when I was a little wound up, so I’ve edited them. It was an interesting set of pipes at $449, and if they become available at that price and I've not bought something else, maybe...but for now, I'm moving on.
Last edited by 85RZwade on Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
85 RZ350 daily rider Toomeys, FZ swinger & wheel, Fox shock, Raasks
85 RZ350 JLs, FZ swinger, Katana rear & CBR929 front wheel, CBR600F4 forks & brakes
75 RD350 Ritter-tuned top end, PWK28s, JLs, HPI, TDR wheels, GSX-R forks, Motolana swinger

MK

#33 Post by MK » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:02 am

Smoker wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:49 am Curious what his hourly rate is, and how many hours it takes to make a set of his pipes?
When I did pipes it was around 20 h for a set of RZ 350 pipes. That's rolling, preparing, welding of some 25 laser-cut pieces.

Concerning TSA I'd like to add that Kenny just announced he had the worst year ever due to health issues.
As this is still ongoing, there's quite a delay in orders.
https://www.facebook.com/TsaPerformancePipes/
Bye
Martin

Smoker

#34 Post by Smoker » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:14 pm

Sad news to hear about our friend.

Feel better Kenny Gubbins. :smt023

My favorite pipe-builder on planet Earth.

RZtuner

#35 Post by RZtuner » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:19 pm

That covid can really knock you back. Have some friends over in UK right now and they said everything is pretty lax over there compared to Canada. Here you need a double vax passport to go in any restaurant, bar, or event.

Smoker wrote: [Robert Plant is also from the West Midlands.]

Yes, Plant went to Stourbridge Grammar school which was a 4 miles just down the road from Dudley Grammar where I went. As teens we all used to hang out at a derelict mill house in Kingswinford way out in the country. We would all sit around playing guitars and drinking cider, Robert would show up and play blues harp. He had an old Lambretta scooter he used to bomb around on. We had some great dance shows at Dudley town hall back in the 60's and all the stars played there. The Who, The Hollies, Them with Van Morrison etc. Robert sang in the local start up band and would always come out and sing a couple of numbers with the name band, that's how he worked his way in to the business. He still lives in the Midlands.
350 Prod. SCTA Bonneville World Landspeed record holder
500 Prod. SCTA Bonneville World record holder
350 Prod. AMA Bonneville National record holder
350 P-MG AMA Bonneville National record holder
AMA No.1plate holder x2
Pioneer- Motorsport Hall of Fame

kpke
-----
-----

#36 Post by kpke » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:18 am

Cool story RZtuner :smt023

Palolo
-----
-----

#37 Post by Palolo » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:57 pm

RZtuner wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:19 pm Smoker wrote: [Robert Plant is also from the West Midlands.]

Yes, Plant went to Stourbridge Grammar school which was a 4 miles just down the road from Dudley Grammar where I went. As teens we all used to hang out at a derelict mill house in Kingswinford way out in the country. We would all sit around playing guitars and drinking cider, Robert would show up and play blues harp. He had an old Lambretta scooter he used to bomb around on. We had some great dance shows at Dudley town hall back in the 60's and all the stars played there. The Who, The Hollies, Them with Van Morrison etc. Robert sang in the local start up band and would always come out and sing a couple of numbers with the name band, that's how he worked his way in to the business. He still lives in the Midlands.
Great story, I love Led Zeppelin's music.