Can Anyone ID my Exhaust Pipes?

General forum on engines, transmissions, gearing and modifications to each

Moderator: rztom

ken_from_hawaii

Can Anyone ID my Exhaust Pipes?

#1 Post by ken_from_hawaii » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:40 pm

Hi all, thank you for reading. My apologies if this is in the wrong section. I have this set of chambers that came with a 77 RD400, but didn't mount correctly and wouldn't fit. I reached out to Gary Shumake at Spec II, who said that they are old RZ350 pipes, but didn't clarify if they were his, or what years they might fit. Any ideas what I got here? I'm planning to sell but haven't the foggiest idea what bike they belong to. Thank you for any help, link to some photos: https://imgur.com/gallery/AzZYH6j
yam1.jpg
yam1.jpg (356.68 KiB) Viewed 641 times
yam2.jpg
yam2.jpg (332.38 KiB) Viewed 641 times
Gary_email.png
Gary_email.png (323.04 KiB) Viewed 641 times

kpke
-----
-----

Re: Can Anyone ID my Exhaust Pipes?

#2 Post by kpke » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:37 am

My best guess is they are Spec2 pipes. Of all of pipes I have had his are the only ones that uses washers welded on to the header pipes for the springs. And the rear mounts and welding (what I can see of it) look like his.

ken_from_hawaii

Re: Can Anyone ID my Exhaust Pipes?

#3 Post by ken_from_hawaii » Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:59 am

Thank you kpke! Gary just got back to me and confirmed they're SPEC II. "Yes, those are about 1984 SPEC II super silenced RZ expansion chambers. A blast from the past. I think that was the last year of the internal stinger which made them quieter than normal."

Anyone have an idea of what they're worth? Looking to sell in the for sale section or ebay. Thank you!
Attachments
spec.jpg
spec.jpg (284.06 KiB) Viewed 578 times