Flywheel lost magnetic properties

General forum on troubleshooting electrical problems and modifications to electrical systems

Moderator: rztom

TN-592

Flywheel lost magnetic properties

#1 Post by TN-592 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:17 am

Hello,
Rd 350 ypvs 1ua
I have noticed that my flywheel lost magnetic properties......has anyone had this issue?.......is there a way to remagnetise it?
I tried to buy a new magnet but i failed, all i found is the magnet for 31k and i know this one dosen't fit my bike 1ua..........so i was thinking of buying a complete new ignition kit.......what are the options?

MK

Re: Flywheel lost magnetic properties

#2 Post by MK » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:40 pm

Magnets can loose their properties when being exposed too high temperatures.

The very strong neodymium magnets are extremely prone to this effect. I have welding fixtures that completely fall off when you leave them on for too long and they catch too much heat.
The magnets used in the RD rotor are the older ceramic/ferrite type which can bear around 250-300 deg C.

You can use the 31K rotor when you combine it with a DC CDI like the Zeeltronic or Ignitech. These don't use the source coils and the required 12V part works with either rotor.
Bye
Martin

TN-592

Re: Flywheel lost magnetic properties

#3 Post by TN-592 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:50 pm

Thank you fro your reply,
I am tired of this bike not starting as it should so i am going to buy a complete new ignition system.....any recommendations? I need a really strong spark I don't want to risk to have a veak spark again