Note: All photos are links to a larger image
New photos just added below!
- 500cc, V-4, 2-stroke
- Engine tuning by ATR
- 28mm MIKUNI Flatslides
- Single pod filters, either UNIFILTER or K&N
- Modified Jolly Moto GP-pipes, aluminum-coated
- TZ250 carbon silencers
- ZX7R radiator
- Frame - stock steel frame braced, custom bolt-on subrame
- APRILIA RS250 swingarm
- OHLINS front end and rear shock
- BREMBO Racing components from DUCATI 996R
- Front 120/60-17 on 3.5x17" DUCATI 996 wheel
- Rear 180/55-17 on 6.0x17" HONDA CBR900RR wheel
- Stock tank with relocated carbon fuel cap
- Carbon bodywork from 1991 YZR500, modified with dual headlight
- Paint scheme and decals from 1991 Team MARLBORO YAMAHA (Wayne Rainey)
- SPA Tacho with integrated digital speedometer
- Stopwatch function for acceleration, etc., menu control by start button on RH switch
- Analog RACETECH water temp
- LED rear light by owner
- Gel battery 1.8Ah
- CDI, YPVS Servo and controller relocated, complete new wire harness
Many thanks for all who helped me with parts, advice and motivation! When I first visited the RZ/RD 500 website 3 or 4 years ago, I immediately fell in love with Yamaha's 500 and I bought 2 RD500s that same summer. One is now completely restored to mint stock condition, the other one is displayed here. I can now say that I have breathed new life into two almost dead RZ/RD 500s!
Have any questions on the production of this bike?
E-mail Wolfgang here.
Join the Club |
What's New |
Out in Front |
For Sale |