Smoking (not that kind)

"Off-topic" forum for general BS - spout off here

Moderator: rztom

Blackshaheen

Smoking (not that kind)

#1 Post by Blackshaheen » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:55 pm

After 10 years of smoking 20 cigarettes a day and a further 10 years of smoking 40 cigarettes a day I have been (for the last 32 hours) a non-smoker.

The world is a terrible, painful catastrophe and quite honestly I don't know how (if you have never smoked) you have coped without nicotine all this time.

I write this only to say 'kudos' to all you non-smokers. Not because you're better than smokers or healthier than smokers or any of that holyer-than-thou bullshit but just because you've been strong enough to cope with all this reality crap for all this time.

If you have never smoked then I thorougly recommend it. Not smoking is crap. I intend to continue not smoking but I don't for a second endorse it as an amusing past-time.

This has been a Public Service Announcement of very little value.

I thankyou.

Keysdave

Re: Smoking (not that kind)

#2 Post by Keysdave » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:02 pm

I don't smoke tobacco, or anything. But I don't want my RZ to give up smoking!

My mom just quit smoking a few months ago, she feels much better, so keep it up!
RG500
RG400
RZ500
RZ350

Gary Papesh
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by Gary Papesh » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:58 pm

Stay focused, you can do it! Took me 6 times to give it up. Has the world risen up against smokers in Dubai as well?
Good luck to you. Gary.
The man who dies with the biggest carbon footprint WINS !!!

theredbarron

#4 Post by theredbarron » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:49 pm

Never smoked in my life, have reached the grand age of 52 but can't for the life of me think what i've done with all the money. :smt017
If only there was more free time.

gpaddict

#5 Post by gpaddict » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:01 pm

Hang in there man, I witnessed my dad stop smoking, and it looked like a rough time!

WVWRZ500N
- - - - -
- - - - -

#6 Post by WVWRZ500N » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:23 am

I chewed for 13 years. Terrible nasty habit, wife wouldn't kiss me, kids kept drinking from my spit cups. Nasty habit! Finally kicked it in July of 2008, Praise God for that.

But here's a little song that'll help ease the pain a little.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIN8MmMloZE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,
Bill Wilson
Wilson Performance
Lee's Summit, MO
http://www.wilsonperformance.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Member RZ500 Owners Group #573
816-377-3185
WVWRZ500N@aol.com
Regards,
Bill Wilson
Wilson Performance
Lee's Summit, MO
http://www.wilsonperformance.net
Member RZ500 Owners Group #573
816-377-3185
WVWRZ500N@aol.com

solo 2

#7 Post by solo 2 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:36 am

Just hang in there, I was a 2 pack a day smoker for 15 years and have a very addictive personality. I've not smoked in 11 years now and can't even imagine being a smoker anymore. It's absolutely the hardest thing I've ever done, I had bad cravings for 6 months though they get further and further apart. To this day I'll sometimes just be standing around thinking that something is missing (strange feeling) and realize that I'm craving a smoke, it's not bad but very weird. Just remember that you're an ADDICT, don't ever think you can just have 1 or a cigar, chances are you'll go back. I found that the hardest thing about stopping was having to learn to deal with stress as you don't have your little helper around. Keep in mind that a lot of smoking is habitual, you know, phone, car, beer etc. When you have a craving I found that it will usually go away if you just wait 5 min, keep busy and try not to think about it.

It sounds bad and can be at first but it's worth the agony, breathing easier and not hacking up oysters all the time. The thing I notice most is how other smokers smell, I used to think others were just full of shit when they told me how far away they could smell me but it's true. BTW I'm not a reformed anti-smoking zealot, I don't care if others smoke around me and could care less if you want cancer but It really is worth the pain.

Try to look at it in practical terms if you don't care about your health, the money you save will by a lot of cool bike parts or whatever turns your crank. End of sermon.

Good luck to you, IT IS WORTH IT!

Andrew
- - - - -
- - - - -

#8 Post by Andrew » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:58 pm

I'll smoke anything :smt033
Andy (UK)
RZV500R
FRC
Faster Faster !!!

Blackshaheen

#9 Post by Blackshaheen » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:02 pm

Thanks for the helpful words guys.

I'm still hanging in there but i hadn't expected it to be such a bitch frankly.
Anyway, I just doubled up on the nicotine-gum and took a deep breath...I'm breathing easier already and it's only been a few days.

My Tigcraft chassis arrives on the 5th so I will have plenty to do that doesn't involve fantasizing about those bastard cigarettes!

Let's build bikes!!!

Cheers again,

D.

Blackshaheen

#10 Post by Blackshaheen » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:09 pm

Haha..Bill, I missed your link to the song! I find I'm a bit skittish these days.
Great song! Love the advert saying "more doctors smoke Camels than any other cigarette" Classic as that was my weapon of choice too.

Cheers for that.
Dave.

Blackshaheen

#11 Post by Blackshaheen » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:12 pm

Gary, Dubai is still very smoker-friendly actually...although there are rumblings about certain restrictions. A pack of smokes is still tax-free too so they are really cheap.
It's my lungs that are protesting these days...

zomaardan
- - - - -
- - - - -

#12 Post by zomaardan » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:52 pm

I did get some great tips when kicking down.
When you get the need to trip you can do a few things to help your self pass it.
1 take a shower.
2 eat chocolade.
3 Masturbate.

I had such strong craving first week that i did eat marsbars and snickers while masturbating in the shower.
And that's all I have to say about that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG8UJZzYHDs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHFsoHd0nZI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ5pCjnMQQg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyZfNKHPRs8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gary Papesh
- - - - -
- - - - -

#13 Post by Gary Papesh » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:49 pm

Holy Crap, tax free smokes! How much does a pack cost in Dubai?
The man who dies with the biggest carbon footprint WINS !!!

Blackshaheen

#14 Post by Blackshaheen » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:34 am

zomaardan wrote:I did get some great tips when kicking down.
When you get the need to trip you can do a few things to help your self pass it.
1 take a shower.
2 eat chocolade.
3 Masturbate.

I had such strong craving first week that i did eat marsbars and snickers while masturbating in the shower.
:smt005 :smt005 :smt005

A pack of smokes in Dubai is about 7 Dirhams which is approx 1 and a bit Brit Pounds or 2 US Dollars...ish.
I tried to add up all the money I will be saving by not smoking and realised I could probably buy a whole rear tyre for my bike after 6 months!
Not a brilliant incentive but my lungs are pleased :grin:

nzminis

#15 Post by nzminis » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:39 am

i dont smoke but most of the guys i work with do

over here pack cost $15 upwards and $45 for a 50 gram

most of that is tax and they say by 2025 it will be over $22

guys at work say they dont know how i dont smoke with all them doing it

i said ill rather put $15 gas in my bike and go for a fast ride or buy some more shiny peices for one of bikes

preety simple for me hehe