1985 RZ500 For Sale - SOLD

Got some stuff you need to move out? Do it here! Please, NO vendors

Moderator: rztom

ssmacdon

1985 RZ500 For Sale - SOLD

#1 Post by ssmacdon » Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:05 pm

Hi There,

(Edit: added pics to show grab rail, mirrors and solo seat cowl installed also sorted the horn, so everything works :grin: New video shows startup and walk around)

Selling my 1985 RZ500
Bike is located in Toronto Canada
Clean Ontario title in my name
Chassis and engine numbers match
Has 38,000 km on the odometer but not sure if that is correct (I just put on the best clocks I had)
Has new bottom end and top end (+0.5 mm)
Bike has been rebuilt from the frame up: new tires (BT46s), brake pads, fork seals, air filter, new chain and front sprocket, rebuilt carbs and rear suspension, etc
Has many parts that in my experience are often missing (not all installed in the pics): stone guard in front fairing, retainer for rad cap/coolant bottle and 2 stroke oil, trim around tank and windshield, heat shields under the seat and tank and for the carbs, grab rail, tool tray, tool kit (with the wire to hold up the tank), solo seat cowl with bum pad (pad has wear), bobbins for the seat cowl, Yamaha key and lock set (gas cap is black chrome from an FZ750). Only thing missing I can think of is the cover for fuse block.
The turn signals are not original and the saddle has been recovered.
Bodywork is original, few repairs then repainted base coat, graphics and clear coat.
Bike starts easily and everything works as it should (all lights, horn, speedo, powervalves, injection oil pump, etc.).

The bike is very clean, pics are here:
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjARret

Here is a startup and walk around :
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjARHD7

Price is $19,000 CDN or about $14,000 USD
The bike has to be collected, I'm moving at the end of the month so I don't have time for shipping, etc. I think it is priced for a quick sale. It would be awesome if a forum member got it, this forum has helped me a lot over the years.

PM me if interested or ask any questions.

Thanks
Scott
Last edited by ssmacdon on Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scott

ssmacdon

Re: 1985 RZ500 For Sale

#2 Post by ssmacdon » Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:48 pm

Price now $18,000 CDN ($13,225 USD)
Scott

rz500guytexas

Re: 1985 RZ500 For Sale - SOLD

#3 Post by rz500guytexas » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:30 am

That was a nice bike and looked like a lot of work. Looked like a fair price for a well sorted ride. What was your final sale price?