RZ350 resale values

"Off-topic" forum for general BS - spout off here

Moderator: rztom

Sporttourfjr

RZ350 resale values

#1 Post by Sporttourfjr » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:16 pm

In the past few weeks I have noticed some fat buy it now prices for the RZ. One just sold for 6400.00! another is asking a buy it now for 8500.00 complete with the paint falling off the swingarm, another for 9K that looks pretty good but wow!!??
Could this just be EBay competitioin driving the numbers or is this an indication of a more realistic trend?
At these prices I may be able to sell mine which looks better than these and buy two more that need some TLC, one to mod for track days, and one mild mod for the street...
1984 RZ350 RWB
Toomey Kit
Tapered Steering Brgs.
Tarozzi fork brace
Progressive fork springs
upgraded clutch
stainless braided hydraulic lines
Dynojet Kit
420 mains
stock idle jets
needle on second groove from the top
air scews out 2 turns

T.RexRacing

#2 Post by T.RexRacing » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:41 pm

In reality I don't believe it's normal.More like $2500-$4000 depending on condition.Still a deal 25 years later.

This old RZ

#3 Post by This old RZ » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:05 pm

With the exception of very original machines......There worth$ to a collector..But its a passion thing. I love RZs..but not that much. For some inexplicable problem Id never pay that$ for a orig bike..But I have that much in custom parts for my RZ . Eye of the beholder..... :smt017 I guess

You see these bikes in "particular"advertised for some pretty ridiculous asking prices...But to be honest the RD/RZ people for some reason really think they have something and take the cake thinking the bikes are out of this world collectibles??..when in reality its just another 20-30 year old bike..which more than likley has been abused,raced,crashed and rebuilt.
Id agree with the previous post about 4-5K for an absolut mint bike. It would cost you that just to bring 1/2 into new shape If thats what your into.

I have a Daytona Special also, I paid $1000.00 last year running with DG heads,rear-sets,moto carrera pipes,FZ brake conversion,braided lines etc.....cosmeticlly challenged of course. It would cost about 6 K to buy evertything it needs to restore and rebuild it into a very clean presentable bike ...and it would still only be worth 5k@most. Again thats if you into "show" bike classics.
As for me I like the bikes modified and very clean , but orig does not matter to me much. Its going to be a 1970s cafe bike just like everyone had back then.. But im not gonna spend much $ on her Ive learned my lesson with the RZ...NEVER AGAIN :smt005

smurph

#4 Post by smurph » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:38 pm

I feel like most beater bikes are only really worth $1K, complete, for the reasons mentioned above.

Steve
Fuel Injected RZ350