Oil Pump Help!!!!!

A place for LC enthusiasts to hang out!

Moderators: rztom, 2smoke

nezzie09

Oil Pump Help!!!!!

#1 Post by nezzie09 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:52 am

In the process of a Elsie rebuild and my oil pump is missing a screw. Forgive the poor explanation but I dont really know what to call it.

When the throttle cable rotates the part of the pump it's attached to, there is a small screw that stops it from turning too far from the spring tension. The screw is threaded about halfway from what I remember with a little hex head. This is the screw I'm missing and am in desperate need of finding a new one/substitute. If anyone could help me find one, or knows the size of the screw it would be much appreciated.

The red line points to the rough area this screw belongs.
Attachments
Screw.50 AM copy.png
Screw.50 AM copy.png (34.22 KiB) Viewed 1577 times

aaronmvrider
-----
-----

Re: Oil Pump Help!!!!!

#2 Post by aaronmvrider » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:56 am

take your pump to a bolt shop and get one that fits ???
1 x 4mm stroker rz 375cc 1983
1 x 7mm stroker rz 443cc 1984 (under construction)
1 x rz 500
1 x mv agusta 1000

RuZty
-----
-----

#3 Post by RuZty » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:55 am

I know the one you mean, it acts as a stopper for the cam. I vaguely recall missing one of those once and used a socket head cap screw instead, just make sure it's long enough that the head doesn't interfere with anything. The OEM one has a tiny hex on it hardly any bigger than the bolt diameter. I think the thread is M3, but check carefully to be sure.

nezzie09

#4 Post by nezzie09 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:35 pm

RuZty wrote:I know the one you mean, it acts as a stopper for the cam. I vaguely recall missing one of those once and used a socket head cap screw instead, just make sure it's long enough that the head doesn't interfere with anything. The OEM one has a tiny hex on it hardly any bigger than the bolt diameter. I think the thread is M3, but check carefully to be sure.

Thanks, will check that out.

Also the spring tension has been released, any idea how many times it's meant to be wound?