another guy who thinks a RZ is priceless

"Off-topic" forum for general BS - spout off here

Moderator: rztom

This old RZ

another guy who thinks a RZ is priceless

#1 Post by This old RZ » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:33 pm

You guys see any of the ads on craigslist L.A / inland empire??

This guy wants $700.00 for powdercoated titled frame :smt017 I paid 200.00 for 2! THATS WHAT THIER WORTH
$800.00 for a pair of toomey pipes :smt005 ,Hes even asking like $700.00 for a old fox shock...where the hell is he going to find suckers who would pay that??? just for the price to buy a few RZ "parts" you can go out and find a fair/decent complete bike. And in a down economy..no less. People here in Calif really think there sitting on a pot o'gold sometimes :smt017

EXAMPLE:THIS BIKE IS RUNNING FOR SALE THE SAME DAY!!!IF YOUR A NEWBIE OR NOT... BUY A COMPLETE BIKE LIKE THIS DONT WASTE YOUR $$$ ON PARTS

84 Yamaha RZ350 - $2000 (Hollywood)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-08-11, 11:45AM PDT
Reply to: sale-2qdqn-1317828812@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need cash for a car. So here's the deal.

KennyRoberts replica. Has Spec II full fairing, steering damper, tarrozi rear sets complete Toomey pipes & battery box, new battery, fork brace, tapered needle bearings for the head set, telefix clip-on bars, Progressive front shock springs, All suspension was set up & tuned by racetech for Willow Springs. Mikuni 30mm carbs taper bored, reed cages & cases match ported, cyls ported & polished, new factory crankshaft trued & welded, new pistons, head rechambered, this motor has only 4 tanks of gas through it fz 600 clutch, H4 halogen headlight, steering limiters. The tires are ok for riding, but you're going to need to replace them soon. The chain will also need to be replaced. I also have extra parts that will go with the bike. rims w/discs, extra tank, foot peg brackets, center stand, left engine side cover, 2 radiatoers, and frame. Call if you're interested. 323-704-5738 Roy

Badass

#2 Post by Badass » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:19 pm

I'm confused again, dam am I getting altziemers. Are you commenting on an ad and selling a bike, don't mind me I'm just bored.
Two strokes keep the mosquito's in check!!
1984RZ350 Bought with 2,600 mi. in 1998
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

smurph

#3 Post by smurph » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:44 pm

I think he is amazed at what he reads in some of these ads. As am I! I find them funny as well.

Steve
Fuel Injected RZ350

This old RZ

#4 Post by This old RZ » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:07 am

No Im not selling anything, just laughing at what people advertise,Ill admit I browse E-bay and craigslist for hours sometimes just looking at cars & bikes....free car/bike show :smt001

Readytoride

#5 Post by Readytoride » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:05 pm

Hey This Old RZ. I'm the sucker that bought this complete RZ from this guy. I'll admit, I jumped the gun on the purchase, and after riding it, and showing it to Nick Gargano, I was told how bad the bike was. I bought it for 3,000 without the shock, pipes, rear sets AND seat cowl. Then I find out I need tires, a chain, front end squeaks like it's about to fall off. Also need fork springs, and a shock. Because I made a bad decision and wanted to get rid of the bike. I sold it for 2,000. Plus, I couldn't sell it to someone for 3,000 with everything it needed, I just wouldn't feel right.
Thanks to Nick, I have a proper RZ.
Vinyl Trooper

SCREAMER

#6 Post by SCREAMER » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:44 pm

theres a sucker born every minute & each year more & more seem to get taken advantage of with these RZ,S.
its a shame you lost a grand or didnt consult with someone like NICK B4 you bought a bike.
go to flea bay now & look @ that toomey swingarm,stu never made swingarms but a worn out old dude that doesnt even know what he,s selling thinks he,s gonna get between 6-8 hundred .
whats up with all these rz chop shops in canada & here in the states parting out rz,s yet never a frame,stollen ?
its way to easy to be taken for a ride for the newbs & i dont like whats going on ever since the 50th anniversary of yamaha.
im selling all my machines that are true one offs with brand new engines for about 3 k,s each just so the next owner doesnt have to buy another one to get the right parts or do an overhaul or some welding on the side stands because the bike was never ridden much & put away wet.
original owner of the roberts replica

Badass

#7 Post by Badass » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:59 pm

This old RZ wrote: Ill admit I browse E-bay and craigslist for hours sometimes just looking at cars & bikes....free car/bike show :smt001
Have you seeked professional help for this, I can give you a number, laughs, just joking. In the early 2000's I saw a mint cond. 86 CAD. RZ350 with like 100 miles on it or somthing, druel, at the time I could not afford it. That has been my most wanted RZ.
Two strokes keep the mosquito's in check!!
1984RZ350 Bought with 2,600 mi. in 1998
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

SCREAMER

#8 Post by SCREAMER » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:27 pm

i am totaly on board with you this old RZ & now the swingarm that the seller doesnt even know who made but calls it a toomey arm is @ $700.00 & another fleecers OHLINS shock not far behind. ive bought all these parts when they were readily available back in the day for a couple hundred bucks each item.
it aint like we got original 1969 SS BOW TIES with big blocks & red line tires @ a couple 100 grand just B4 the greedyness bit everyone in the arse.
half the clowns use this forum & the west coast forum just to fleece info when they can't tell the difference between a 7 & 10 heat range spark plug if the #,s weren't on them.
the swing arm , rear shock that,s on the bay right now are on my bikes that are up for grabs.
so i speak as smuph says from" being a doer" rather than most jack ass,s like the one in tell ray beach.

truth be known sellers use friends to pump bids way beyond any reasonable price for toomey pipes ,ohlins, fox shocks, corbin seats let alone the ass clown in northern florida who started out with reserves @ 10 grand for stock RZ,S & after a month or so of re-listing with a grand knocked off each time ,now he,s down to 3 k,s & they wont be sold.

i do watch the bay alot because i really need more for the fans that come up to me on sundays @ the park needing to get thier rz,s out of the moth balls let alone run half as good as my bike after putting it on thier y2k bikes.

these ebay idiots & thier friends pump bids only to have to re-list the parts time & time again because they are scammers.its no wonder to me that our country is so screwed for the next generation or generations afterwards as these unrealistic prices are what got us in the situation we are in in every market.
original owner of the roberts replica