Laguna Seca 2006

"Off-topic" forum for general BS - spout off here

Moderator: rztom

zalienz
- - - - -
- - - - -

Laguna Seca 2006

#1 Post by zalienz » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:11 pm

Are there any plans for this year's GP at Laguna?

I remember last year there was dinner at Jose's and parking for the group at the track. It's getting closer, July 21-23, just thought I'd ask. :smile:
RZ500
RD400

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, either way, you are right -Henry Ford

Richard

Moto GP

#2 Post by Richard » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:02 pm

Hey ZalienZ..

Great time last year and Tom will hook things up again, look for a room now! Last year was very big...... Ozzy at Joses is already asking if we are coming back. You are more to welcomed to park and ride from mi casa if needed. Ozzy will take care of us if needed, but find a room yesterday if you are staying overnight. My Rzv is still sitting in the same spot... how is your RZ? I hope to see it again. Happy Easter

Mahalo

Richard

zalienz
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: Moto GP

#3 Post by zalienz » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:05 am

Richard wrote:Hey ZalienZ..

Great time last year and Tom will hook things up again, look for a room now! Last year was very big...... Ozzy at Joses is already asking if we are coming back. You are more to welcomed to park and ride from mi casa if needed. Ozzy will take care of us if needed, but find a room yesterday if you are staying overnight. My Rzv is still sitting in the same spot... how is your RZ? I hope to see it again. Happy Easter

Mahalo

Richard
Hi Richard,

The RZ is coming along, stripped it to the frame and started over. It's about 75% done. I haven't made much progress with it the last 6 months....other priorities. I hope to bring it this year, and I'll probably stop by if I do. I have reservations & tix already, camping again this year with all my 2 stroke buddies at Fernwood Campground in Big Sur. It looks like we may have about 25 of us this year, should be a great time. Jose's is certainly an option, I brought the whole crowd by last year, it was packed! I think it surprised Tom. :shock: Looking forward to July......it will be a blast! :grin:

Dale
RZ500
RD400

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, either way, you are right -Henry Ford

rztom
Site Admin

Re: Moto GP

#4 Post by rztom » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:45 pm

zalienz wrote:It looks like we may have about 25 of us this year, should be a great time. Jose's is certainly an option, I brought the whole crowd by last year, it was packed! I think it surprised Tom. :shock: Looking forward to July......it will be a blast!
Sorry, guys... I've been hanging out in the garage so much lately, restoring a '92 KX500, that I've not had a chance to get on the board in a while.... :sad:

Hey Dale - yeah, you guys DID kinda catch me by surprise... but hey, the more the merrier, right?? It was loads of fun, and I plan on having the same setup this year at Jose's, so plan on hauling your whole crowd down there again and let's talk 2-strokes over a cerveza or two..!! :smt023

Now, as far as parking at the track is concerned, that's still up in the air, as I just found out Laguna Seca has changed all the parking and traffic routing for this year's event. They plan on having all motorcycle traffic enter thru the back entrance (Barloy Canyon Rd), and make us park way up at the top of the hill in the Wolf's Hill parking area. That's gonna suck. I'm not sure what Yamaha's plan is for a parking corral, or if they're even gonna have one (this new track parking plan makes it look doubtful). I'm hoping they will still have a corral setup down in the Turn 5 area like last year, and if so, I'll try and score some parking passes to it. We'll just have to wait and see how things develop over the next month or so. I'll post updates as I get any new info.

Hey Richard - I need to talk to you.... will call you....

hybrid
Site Admin

#5 Post by hybrid » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:38 am

You guys should be boycotting Laguna Seca, with strokers being banned and all :cool:

Richard

Jose's

#6 Post by Richard » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:35 pm

Hey Tom, missed your call and I will let Ozzy know the party is on... So everyone come and join the United States Moto Gp. It was so big last year, it will be amazing this year.

Richard