Fox Doubke Clicker shock - Rebuild

General forum on frames, brakes, suspension, wheels and tires

Moderator: rztom

JeffCooper

Fox Doubke Clicker shock - Rebuild

#1 Post by JeffCooper » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:34 pm

Picked up a nice clean Double Clicker for my RZ. Does anyone know who might rebuild it for me? Im sure new seals, oil and gas will make it like new again

I wonder of Racetech would do it AND set up my stock forks? Recomendations??
Jeff Cooper
Palm Harbor, FL
1984 RZ350

brrrappp

Re: Fox Doubke Clicker shock - Rebuild

#2 Post by brrrappp » Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:14 am

https://www.le-suspension.com/
I had good luck with these guys in the past.

JeffCooper

#3 Post by JeffCooper » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:13 pm

Thank you! I called and talked to Ed. He will rebuild the double clicker for $160. Has a connection who can powder coat the spring which is swapped already. Being the fat bastard I am now, Ill likely need a tougher springs than Back in the day of 160lbs. :-)
Jeff Cooper
Palm Harbor, FL
1984 RZ350

brrrappp

#4 Post by brrrappp » Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:29 am

JeffCooper wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:13 pm Thank you! I called and talked to Ed. He will rebuild the double clicker for $160. Has a connection who can powder coat the spring which is swapped already. Being the fat bastard I am now, Ill likely need a tougher springs than Back in the day of 160lbs. :-)
if you stiffen the rear spring you'll want to do the same at the front. Race Tech is a good source for stiffer fork springs.
Don't buy the more common "progressive" brand name fork spings thinking that they will do the job. I found them to be softer than stock.
If you are 200+ pounds you need the stiffer fork springs. You'll never get good bottoming resistence and proper ride height with fork oil level and air pressure.
If you are an aggressive rider or like to do track days, you'll want to revalve the fork to get better damping control over the stiffer springs.
If you are a casual rider who doesn't push the bike too hard, the RZ fork is lame but acceptable.

RxRZ

#5 Post by RxRZ » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:08 am

JeffCooper wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:13 pm Thank you! I called and talked to Ed. He will rebuild the double clicker for $160.
That's a lot for just oil, seals, and a charge.